talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Lennon Back in Training After Seeking Help For Mental Health Illness

I would assume most people have either been affected by mental health issues or they know someone who is/was. The people who have posted the 'jokes' have also expressed some concern for Lennon, it's not like they've just came in the thread for a laugh.

The comments just need to be taken for what they are, light hearted jokes that were posted with no malicious intent whatsoever.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I've offended anyone in anyway then I can only hold my hands up and say sorry. Seriously, I didn't mean it. 

I was taking a tongue in cheek dig at Everton, not someone with mental health problems. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If I've offended anyone in anyway then I can only hold my hands up and say sorry. Seriously, I didn't mean it. 

I was taking a tongue in cheek dig at Everton, not someone with mental health problems. 

here's where you stand mate.

You can take a 4-week suspension from the site or we can send you on a Equality and Diversity course and a 1-week suspension.

Just now, Stan said:

here's where you stand mate.

You can take a 4-week suspension from the site or we can send you on a Equality and Diversity course and a 1-week suspension.

Just ban me for life mate :(

6 hours ago, HK85 said:

A football injury is not the same as a mental health disorder, fella. You're not that stupid are you?

You're using mental health as a source of a joke against a football club, the only person who needs to give their head a wobble is you. 

zbZ8wU5.png

I'm a bit disappointed that this has reached the media in all honesty as it means somebody has effectively sold him out and I can't imagine everybody knowing about this at an early stage will be beneficial to him. On the flip side I'm happy there was some form of knowledge as otherwise something else far worse could have happened alongside a motor way.

I don't want to discredit the work the PFA do but I remember a couple of years ago Leon MacKenzie tried to get funding to set up a football partnership for previous and present footballers to go to that are suffering from depression. It doesn't seem like that has come to fruition which is a shame.

Regarding comments, for all we know it may not be suicidal and could be psicosis related or down to an out of character cognitive relapse and that can be triggered by significant life events such as moving away, or the stress of realising your career is effectively over. So I wouldn't read too much in to Storts comment. He's inevitably going to mention spurs and London because it is relevant to the player in question. On the other hand Imagine how many threads Madlad would bring up Liverpool in if they got as close to the title as Spurs have in the the last two seasons. He's bad enough as it is.

45 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm a bit disappointed that this has reached the media in all honesty as it means somebody has effectively sold him out and I can't imagine everybody knowing about this at an early stage will be beneficial to him. On the flip side I'm happy there was some form of knowledge as otherwise something else far worse could have happened alongside a motor way.

I don't want to discredit the work the PFA do but I remember a couple of years ago Leon MacKenzie tried to get funding to set up a football partnership for previous and present footballers to go to that are suffering from depression. It doesn't seem like that has come to fruition which is a shame.

Regarding comments, for all we know it may not be suicidal and could be psicosis related or down to an out of character cognitive relapse and that can be triggered by significant life events such as moving away, or the stress of realising your career is effectively over. So I wouldn't read too much in to Storts comment. He's inevitably going to mention spurs and London because it is relevant to the player in question. On the other hand Imagine how many threads Madlad would bring up Liverpool in if they got as close to the title as Spurs have in the the last two seasons. He's bad enough as it is.

Hugh? Why bring me into it like?

And Liverpool have come much closer to winning the title than Spurs ever have in recent seasons but what the hell has that got to do with this topic? 

How random xD

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hugh? Why bring me into it like?

And Liverpool have come much closer to winning the title than Spurs ever have in recent seasons but what the hell has that got to do with this topic? 

How random xD

Given you mentioned Mane's injury in this thread it's hardly 'random'.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given you mentioned Mane's injury in this thread it's hardly 'random'.

You've flitted from Spurs winning the league, to Liverpool winning the league and now to Mane being injured? 

I don't get what you're on about pal?

This thread is fucking shite xD

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Aaron Lennon Back in Training After Seeking Help For Mental Health Illness
On 5/3/2017 at 11:09 AM, Smiley Culture said:

Some truly horrific headlines out there about this, mentioning Lennon's wage as if earning a lot of money means he should be immune to mental health. Journalism in this country really is on its backside. 

Do these people ever stop to wonder why depression is so prevalent in affluent places like Europe?

Archived