Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

Image result for tokyo running from godzilla

It's time to enlist for the next season of Sheep that takes us from roaming the globe to a far more concise set of questions related to Oriental topics. Things could range from popular ninjas all the way down to whats the best cut of beef in a particular country. I'll tag a few people to get started. If you want to invite more people or think I have missed someone please mark them in here.

@nudge @Pyfish @CaaC (John)  @Bluebird Hewitt @Dr. Gonzo @Harry @Stan @Berserker@DeadLinesman

The rules for this season are not the same as Season 4 and will not include bumps and cuts. They will, however, be some tipsy questions and I can't really promise that they'll all be easy. I'd like to run this and try to finish it before the week leading up to Xmas as I know most folks are busy around that time and I also know that Mafia is starting around then so I'd like people to not have to devote their attention in two places as I know how intense that becomes.

• Upvote 3

Could I also trouble a mod to unpin last season and pin this to the top of the list please. I'll get the table post up once we get started and I know we have enough participants.

Adding @Toinho as I know he likes most things Oriental.

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Could I also trouble a mod to unpin last season and pin this to the top of the list please. I'll get the table post up once we get started and I know we have enough participants.

Adding @Toinho as I know he likes most things Oriental.

I used to... but yeh I’ll join. Haven’t been on since season 2 or 3.

22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll tag a few people to get started. If you want to invite more people or think I have missed someone please mark them in here.

xD You asked for it if all these responds which will keep you busy marking up the scores.

@The Artful Dodger @MUFC @Happy Blue @Spike @Cicero @Bluewolf @Devil-Dick Willie @Rab @Rucksackfranzose @Dan @Storts @SirBalon @Tommy @Inverted @Machado @RandoEFC @LFCMike @Lucas @Teso dos Bichos @Batard @6666 @Viva la FCB @Stick With Azeem

9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD You asked for it if all these responds which will keep you busy marking up the scores.

There really isn't much I can't throw at Excel that it wont be able to give me accurate results for ;) thanks for taking the initiative to invite more folks. If we get enough we can do a ladder with a winner at the end.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

There really isn't much I can't throw at Excel that it wont be able to give me accurate results for ;) thanks for taking the initiative to invite more folks. If we get enough we can do a ladder with a winner at the end.

Forgot to ask @Burning Gold    :ay:

Definitely in. 

Highly recommend all others browsing give it a go.

25 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Let's give it another go then.

What's the chances of this being completed by 18th December? 

Definite high chances of this being done by then. If we get the answers in quick I can do two rounds in a week if need be.

41 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

You are doing well @Mel81x, that's 10 in so far and that's 3 more than last time around (7).  :ay:

@Mel81x strikes me as someone that is capable of simple maths :P 

• Haha 2

I'll be starting this on Friday (15th November) and I think that should give enough time for people to sign up. Just remember that you can still sign up mid-season too as it tends to offer entertainment with the way answers go. 

• Upvote 1

This will be a nice distraction to the remaining 32 report comments I have left to do...

So this what I have so far for people who have signed up. 

@CaaC (John) @Toinho @Spike @Stick With Azeem @Harry @Pyfish @Stan @nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @DeadLinesman

I'll wait till tomorrow morning (IST) and get started. I don't know if @Dr. Gonzo signed up but if you want to be a part of it let me know buddy and I'll add you to the proceedings.

The idea is to have this done the week before X'mas so my only request is to get your answers in within three to four days from the questions coming out and I'll do my best to get the standings and results out the same day if not the next day. Good luck to everyone.

The Rules

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Its on like Donkey Kong.

@CaaC (John) @Toinho @Spike @Stick With Azeem @Harry @Pyfish @Stan @nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @DeadLinesman @Dr. Gonzo

Almost Oriental - Round 1 - Sports and Pop Culture

1. Name a famous Japanese Footballer who no longer plays for the Japanese Women's Football Team
  2. Name a K-Pop Xmas hit that is not sung in English (trick question really)
  3. Name a sport which China excels in and has been unbeaten for in the last two Olympics
  4. The longest Mahjong game lasted 33 Hours and wasn't played by Chinese players. Name one of the four players.
  5. Name a famous Godzilla Villain that DOES NOT have the word 'King' in its name
  6. Name a famous Vietnamese footballer (Male/Female)
  7. Name a famous Hollywood movie shot in Hong Kong (for the sake of limitation and allowing us to get closer to being sheep please pick a movie from 2000 onwards only)
  8. Name a character from Kimba the White Lion that isn't Kimba
  9. Name a famous beauty product found only in South Korea
  10. Name a famous Muay Thai fighter. (Spelling mistakes will mean a different answer so use that Copy+Paste feature wisely)

Notes

• I know some of these will probably not take very long but in instances where you use the word in a longer sentence or there are version variants. Ex. Nike Air Max 5000 vs Nike Air Max Mercurials I will go ahead and count these as one answer unless I explicitly ask for versions
  • Spelling mistakes will count as different answers only if they are called out explicitly
  • If there is question about the questions asked please bring it up in the main thread to help other people with their answers too.
  • Please send me your answers via DM. I know this sounds obvious but sometimes obvious is not so obvious.

Good luck and have a great Friday. 

• Upvote 2

Props to you for running this again Mel!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Props to you for running this again Mel!

Only works if people are around to play so props to you for participating again.