talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

football forum

• Subscriber

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

Image result for tokyo running from godzilla

It's time to enlist for the next season of Sheep that takes us from roaming the globe to a far more concise set of questions related to Oriental topics. Things could range from popular ninjas all the way down to whats the best cut of beef in a particular country. I'll tag a few people to get started. If you want to invite more people or think I have missed someone please mark them in here.

@nudge @Pyfish @CaaC (John)  @Bluebird Hewitt @Dr. Gonzo @Harry @Stan @Berserker@DeadLinesman

The rules for this season are not the same as Season 4 and will not include bumps and cuts. They will, however, be some tipsy questions and I can't really promise that they'll all be easy. I'd like to run this and try to finish it before the week leading up to Xmas as I know most folks are busy around that time and I also know that Mafia is starting around then so I'd like people to not have to devote their attention in two places as I know how intense that becomes.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Could I also trouble a mod to unpin last season and pin this to the top of the list please. I'll get the table post up once we get started and I know we have enough participants.

Adding @Toinho as I know he likes most things Oriental.

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Could I also trouble a mod to unpin last season and pin this to the top of the list please. I'll get the table post up once we get started and I know we have enough participants.

Adding @Toinho as I know he likes most things Oriental.

I used to... but yeh I’ll join. Haven’t been on since season 2 or 3.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll tag a few people to get started. If you want to invite more people or think I have missed someone please mark them in here.

xD You asked for it if all these responds which will keep you busy marking up the scores.

@The Artful Dodger @MUFC @Happy Blue @Spike @Cicero @Bluewolf @Devil-Dick Willie @Rab @Rucksackfranzose @Dan @Storts @SirBalon @Tommy @Inverted @Machado @RandoEFC @LFCMike @Lucas @Teso dos Bichos @Batard @6666 @Viva la FCB @Stick With Azeem

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD You asked for it if all these responds which will keep you busy marking up the scores.

There really isn't much I can't throw at Excel that it wont be able to give me accurate results for ;) thanks for taking the initiative to invite more folks. If we get enough we can do a ladder with a winner at the end.

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Let's give it another go then.

What's the chances of this being completed by 18th December? 

Definite high chances of this being done by then. If we get the answers in quick I can do two rounds in a week if need be.

• Subscriber

I'll be starting this on Friday (15th November) and I think that should give enough time for people to sign up. Just remember that you can still sign up mid-season too as it tends to offer entertainment with the way answers go. 

• Subscriber

So this what I have so far for people who have signed up. 

@CaaC (John) @Toinho @Spike @Stick With Azeem @Harry @Pyfish @Stan @nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @DeadLinesman

I'll wait till tomorrow morning (IST) and get started. I don't know if @Dr. Gonzo signed up but if you want to be a part of it let me know buddy and I'll add you to the proceedings.

The idea is to have this done the week before X'mas so my only request is to get your answers in within three to four days from the questions coming out and I'll do my best to get the standings and results out the same day if not the next day. Good luck to everyone.

The Rules

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived