talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

football forum

• Subscriber

7. Name a dish from Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars)

Chaliapin Steak Don - 3
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo
Harry

Shokugeki - 1
Caac John

Roast Pork - 1
Stan

Sushi - 1
Nudge

Roasted Rat - 1
Azeem

Japanese Curry with Pork Cutlet (my favorite from the show) - 1
Spike

Furikake - 1
Pyfish

Apple Risotto - 1
Toinho

Calamari Ripieni - 1
Bluebird Hewitt

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

8. Name a type of rice originally from China

Jasmine - 4
Deadlinesman
Stan
Nudge
Harry

Wuchang Rice - 2
Dr. Gonzo
Toinho

Oryza Sativa Japonica - 1
Caac John

Bohai Rice - 1
Spike

Indica - 1
Pyfish

Chinese Fried Rice - 1
Bluebird Hewitt

Mandarin Rice - 1
Azeem

• Subscriber

9. Name a popular Mongolian dish

Khorkhog - 4
Deadlinesman
Caac John
Dr. Gonzo
Bluebird Hewitt

Buuz - 4
Stan
Nudge
Pyfish
Toinho

Yak Milk (Aarul or variations) - 1
Spike

Mongolian Beef - 1
Harry

Genghis Grilled Cheese Sandwich - 1
Azeem

• Subscriber

This one is the most interesting answer set of the lot. Gonzo 'guessed' to get two points here instead of 1 haha.

10. Name a popular breakfast item found only in Taiwan

Cong You Bing - 2
Deadlinesman
Bluebird Hewitt

Shao Bing - 2
Dr. Gonzo
Stan

Fried Rice - 1
Caac John

Egg Pancake - 1
Nudge

Scorpion - 1
Spike

Rice Balls - 1
Pyfish

Milk Fish Soup - 1
Toinho

Twisted Cruller - 1
Harry

Taiwanis Halwa Puri - 1
Azeem

Next round comes up at the end of today and should be a fairly easier topic which we're all familiar with ... Video Games.

P.s. Look for scores in the other thread. This was a really good and almost even round I think.

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

2. Besides traditional Malaysian cuisine, name one of the two other influential cuisines from Malaysia

Indonesian - 2
Deadlinesman
Spike

Mee Goreng Mamak - 1
Caac John

Nasi Kandar - 1
Dr. Gonzo

Sabahan - 1
Stan

Chinese - 1
Nudge
Toinho

Gulai - 1
Pyfish

Indian Cuisine - 1
Harry

Nasi Lemak - 1
Bluebird Hewitt

Malaysian Chicken Butter - 1
Azeem

Ummmm Nudge and I should have 2. Also told you this question was all over the place.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’m just upset only a few of us said countries! Haha cheers 

I was myself confused when people started naming dishes but then I said that's the beauty of this game and how people interpret the questions. Spike did rather well considering he didn't use any references except for the Food Wars question which is really hard unless you've watched the show.

33 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’m just upset only a few of us said countries! Haha cheers 

I was initially planning to submit "modern Malaysian" as an alternative to traditional. Wouldn't have made things any worse if I had

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I was myself confused when people started naming dishes but then I said that's the beauty of this game and how people interpret the questions. Spike did rather well considering he didn't use any references except for the Food Wars question which is really hard unless you've watched the show.

Fair enough mate! It’s enjoyable yet hard so far! 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Fair enough mate! It’s enjoyable yet hard so far! 

I tried to keep it easy but to find questions that have multiple answers so there actually is some variation can be tricky. I think the next two rounds should be comparatively easier.

• Subscriber

Had absolutely no idea what Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars) is and what they cook so knew that one was going to be an ace haha.

I did this round without google...  I think I'll keep it that way too. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Had absolutely no idea what Shokugeki No Soma (Food Wars) is and what they cook so knew that one was going to be an ace haha.

I did this round without google...  I think I'll keep it that way too. 

I copied you on most of them. I’m watching. 

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I tried to keep it easy but to find questions that have multiple answers so there actually is some variation can be tricky. I think the next two rounds should be comparatively easier.

Take your time. My phone is being replaced and I'm using an old IPhone. Suffice to say, small phone mixed with fat fingers is not good. :(

• Subscriber

@CaaC (John) @Toinho @Spike @Stick With Azeem @Harry @Pyfish @Stan @nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @DeadLinesman @Dr. Gonzo

Sheep - Season 5 - Round 3 - Video Games

A trip to the far-east really couldn't be considered as complete without a short visit to their gaming industry. 

1. Shigeru Miyamoto is famous for Mario and Link (Legend of Zelda). Name another Nintendo character he is famous for.
  2. Name a famous Hideo Kojima game that isn't Death Stranding 
  3. Name a PlayStation exclusive title from the last 5 years
  4. Name one antagonist from Persona 5
  5. Name a character from Street Fighter who is not Ryu or Ken
  6. Name a protagonist from the Resident Evil series that isn't Leon S Kennedy
  7. Which of these is the hardest game - Dark Souls vs Ninja Gaiden II vs Sekiro: Shadows die Twice vs NiOh vs Bloodbourne
  8. Name one of the five South Korean gamers who won the Overwatch World Cup in 2018
  9. Name a Pokemon who doesn't make the noise Pikaaa (if it isn't obvious please do not mention Pikachu)
  10. Name a famous Castlevania title (You are free to name one from any console generation here)

Notes

• For #2 if you cant remember the game but call out specifics in your answer I'll club them with anyone who gets the same title.
  • For questions that involve naming a title if you say the actual title and someone calls out the number in the series (e.g. someone says Final Fantasy XIV and you say A Realm Reborn) then you both have given the same answer
  • #1 is intentionally hard but somehow I feel everyone is going to give the same answer here
  • For #8 you can name either the person or their gamer-tag and I will consider both to be the same answer if two of you happen to get this variance
  • If something doesn't make sense please ask it here so that everyone can also know to change their answers

I will collate all of this by Monday next week (December 2nd) giving time for anyone to slip their answers in over the weekend or earlier. We have two more rounds after this and I'd like to see if we can get them done before the middle of December. 

Good luck and bleat on.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived