The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental

football forum

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His hips will give out and he’ll have to get his bodyguard to do it. Not fussed, I’m Scouse they’d both be glassed and missing their wallets if they tried anything :ph34r:

Chuck Norris' hips are stronger than any part of your body.

Plus he doesn't carry a wallet. He pays for things with his mind. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Im very surprised a lot of people went with Chuck honestly. Then again he is very popular on the internet.

I just knew people would go with him because he was the odd one out and due to his place in the internet culture haha. 

As for your question regarding the complexity of the game: I think both have their pros and cons. Easier questions mean less of us are using google thus making it more interesting; harder questions mean we're not getting easy consensus on most questions so it spices up things nicely. I'm down for either.

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

I just knew people would go with him because he was the odd one out and due to his place in the internet culture haha. 

As for your question regarding the complexity of the game: I think both have their pros and cons. Easier questions mean less of us are using google thus making it more interesting; harder questions mean we're not getting easy consensus on most questions so it spices up things nicely. I'm down for either.

Thanks for giving me the liberty to up the stakes haha. Don't worry I'll keep them far more easier than what we have if I do introduce the Ronin round. The last time we had two rounds with a plus and a minus factor it really did turn things around.

• Subscriber

@CaaC (John) @Toinho @Spike @Stick With Azeem @Harry @Pyfish @Stan @nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @DeadLinesman @Dr. Gonzo

Sheep - Season 5 - Almost Oriental - Final Round - Rowdy Ronins

"Ronin /ˈrəʊnɪn/ - a wandering samurai who had no lord or master."

So, we're at the final stage of this season of Sheep and we've got a game mechanic that may turn the game on its head. The rules for how this Ronin round works are below.

• You are given a Ronin if you are the only person to score an Ace on a question in the round. If someone else joins you as an ace then you do not get an activated Ronin and regular scoring occurs.
  • If you are an activated Ronin the following happens. You gain 5 extra points for every question you have activated a Ronin on. i.e. 1 for being the ace + 5 for activating a Ronin = 6 points
  • If you activate 3 or more Ronin you cause damage to players in the game. You will remove 5 points from the person above you and the person below you as well. If no one is above you then you remove 5 points from the person below you. If there is no one below you then the person above you loses 5 points. I do not expect this mechanic to be activated but never say never.
  • The idea is to be unique and the idea is to be the only person who is unique on a question so as to score points. Keep in mind that if you aren't unique you end up with 1 point and the person(s) you are competing with could get 9 points at max ideally and move further ahead so play this strategy wisely. 
  • All normal rules apply other than the Ronin factor

Questions

1. Name a city in Japan
  2. Name one of the South-East Asian countries that has hosted the Olympics
  3. Name a river in China
  4. Name a movie shot in Vietnam
  5. Name an island in Thailand famous for tourism
  6. Name one of the four official languages of Singapore
  7. Name a famous car manufacturer from Far-East Asia
  8. Which one of these three is the current popular board-game in China - Weiqi (Go) | Xiangqi (Chess) | Majiang (Mahjong)
  9. Name a city in the Philippines
  10. And just because its the Christmas season this question has nothing to do with the Orient - Name one of Santa's Reindeer

Notes

• I have intentionally made the questions in this round easy and I don't think I need to explain why
  • Spelling mistakes will be auto-corrected by me unless they are truly unique
  • If you have questions please ask them in the thread so that others can also make informed decisions on their answers

Good luck and Bleat on.

I'd like to get this done by next Monday so we can close it out before the 18th. I know some of us asked for this before the game started and I'd like to keep that timeline if possible. Thank you.

• Subscriber

All done and sent.

Question number 8 was a no brainer for me, we lived in Southend-on-Sea for a few years in a second-floor flat and across the road in another flat lived a load of Chinese and they would play Mahjong up till the early hours of the morning and it did my head in, all you could hear was something like dice rattling, a load of loud thumps if someone was slapping their hands on the table then an almighty yell in Chinese shouting and laughing.

One time they were playing it around 3.00 am and I had enough, put my pants on and legged it across the road and bashed at their door yelling "KEEP YOUR FUCKING NOISE DOWN!!!!", I looked up and saw a load of Chinese faces looking at me through the flat window and all they could see was me half-naked, tattoos, no teeth in, un-shaved and hair all messed up waving a fist at them...it was all quiet after that and I went back to bed. :whistling:

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I am only going to say that I hope that word is brainer and not what it turned out to be.

Aye, fixed it now, a no brainer, and that was genuine as Darren our eldest son was only 4/5 years old then and the noise kept waking him up, at least it stopped them playing that game into the early hours of the morning.:40_rage:

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I don't think I truly understand the rules but hey I've submitted anyway.

I'll simplify them. If you score an ace on any question and you are the only person to score an ace you get extra points. If you score an ace on three or more questions you start causing damage to other people's points. The game rules stay the same in every other aspect.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'll simplify them. If you score an ace on any question and you are the only person to score an ace you get extra points. If you score an ace on three or more questions you start causing damage to other people's points. The game rules stay the same in every other aspect.

I am so looking forward to the results.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived