talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers - Group B - Matchday 7 & 8

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo was superb against Lithuania and he more than deserved his hat-trick. But it was great to see Goncalo Paciencia play the full 90 minutes in only his second international match for Portugal. Paciencia managed to score via a rebound, but he also had a super header saved by the Lithuanian goalkeeper in the first half. He also set up Ronaldo's 2nd goal and he also played his part for the penalty which resulted in the first goal. Paciencia also did well to create a chance for Ronaldo in the second half. Paciencia beat his man on the left flank and he then crossed for Ronaldo, but unfortunately Ronaldo put the ball over the bar when he should of really scored.

All in all it was a good match for Paciencia and it seems like he is making a serious claim to be a starter for Portugal.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Ronaldo with space is the most dangerous player ever 

EL DIOS DEL AREA, el bicho del Gol!

Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal record compared to some of international football's greats:

https://www.givemesport.com/1521606-cristiano-ronaldos-portugal-record-compared-to-some-of-international-footballs-greats

These were two easy games in the end, as they should be.

We've been in every big competition since '96. I think only Germany and Spain haven't missed any as well in the same period. Excellent work overall by the federation and the managers in charge.

In the new century we've been the most consistent side at the Euros as well which is impressive I'd say for us.

• Subscriber

Did he score though, it looks like to me it was already going in when he poked it in? I might be wrong or am I? 

Quote.thumb.png.0775d5e14b31883b6b896ca44dbd0c35.png

Cristiano Ronaldo vowed to break the world record for men's international goals after scoring his 99th Portugal goal in a 2-0 win over Luxembourg to clinch their place at Euro 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50160479

19 hours ago, Machado said:

These were two easy games in the end, as they should be.

We've been in every big competition since '96. I think only Germany and Spain haven't missed any as well in the same period. Excellent work overall by the federation and the managers in charge.

In the new century we've been the most consistent side at the Euros as well which is impressive I'd say for us.

You missed 1998. But still have a brilliant record. Only Spain, France and Germany have better qualifying records recently

Well Ukraine drew away to Serbia to confirm first place in the group, with an undefeated record in all 8 matches, which is quite impressive. Portugal and Serbia are both teams made up of some classy players, so Ukraine can feel proud of this achievement.

They finally seem to have assembled a team that is very well balanced and that looks like it can challenge some of the best teams in the world. Their midfield and attack remains their strongest asset, although there are still some question marks about their defending at times. But nonetheless, it seems like they will be a real match for any side at the Euros.

Archived