Tuesday 19th November, 2019
Belgium vs Cyprus, 19.45
San Marino vs Russia, 19.45
Scotland vs Kazakhstan, 19.45

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Nice there to see Petrov get his first goal for Russia. 

After 20 minutes Russia are up 2-0 on San Marino. 

My drug, it's only San Marino! 5-0 is a healthy win, but really a big side like Russia, should be winning by a bigger scoreline. Having said that, Russia could be a threat once again at the Euros, especially if Dzyuba and Golovin play to their potential.

I was glad to see Shunin, start in place of Guilherme. A strong side like Russia shouldn't really need to naturalise players like Guilherme and Mario Fernandes. I have nothing against these two players, but Russia are not necessarily desperate to have them. Fernandes has been great for them at times, it has to be said, but really, Russia shouldn't have to call on such players.

The same applies to Ukraine and Marlos, They have gifted offensive midfielders like Yarmolenko, Konoplyanka, Tsigankov and Zinchenko, they really should not feel the need to naturalise players like Marlos in order for him to play for them. 

Either way, good luck to Russia at the Euros, I am sure that they will make a nuisance of themselves against the big teams once more.

Archived