talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA to trial 'sin-bins' next season

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid idea, it's not rugby.

I don't know why the FA are intent on fixing things that aren't broken, but not fixing things that are. Like themselves for example. 

Crap idea that will Americanise this sport.  Totally against this...  There's nothing wrong with football in that particular sense and only tweaking the punishments for certain sins needs attending to.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Crap idea that will Americanise this sport.  Totally against this...  There's nothing wrong with football in that particular sense and only tweaking the punishments for certain sins needs attending to.

when it comes to dissent, there's A LOT wrong. 

I’m happy for this trial to go ahead. 

While I might not be a huge rugby fan, some of their rules/culture puts football to shame. There are douchebags in every sport, sure, but on the whole, I rarely see a rugby player showing the ref disrespect and that’s refreshing to see*. 

Unlike contentious yellows given for did-they/didn’t-they fouls, refs will always give out a yellow for dissent correctly. You’re either acting like a dick, or you aren’t. 

I’d hope that if this rule goes ahead it will filter down throughout the grass roots system and the new generation of footballer will learn quickly that you know what? Yes, it is wrong to act like a dick towards the referee. If you do, you – and your team – will be punished. 

* I’d add ref mics, too. I think that would gain refs a lot of respect from (at least semi-intelligent) football fans, if they can hear the reasoning behind refereeing decisions. It would also force better behaviour from players. If rugby players control themselves not to swear for 80 minutes, why can’t footballers?

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

when it comes to dissent, there's A LOT wrong. 

There is a lot wrong with that and we have bookings for it.

This is the worst idea I've heard of ever for football.  I'm totally against it.

On Wed May 03 2017 at 9:43 PM, SirBalon said:

There is a lot wrong with that and we have bookings for it.

This is the worst idea I've heard of ever for football.  I'm totally against it.

You're just against it because half the Arsenal team would be in the sin bin :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You're just against it because half the Arsenal team would be in the sin bin :ph34r:

I wish they were that way inclined mate.  Could you ever see Mesut Özil having enough passion to try something on enough to worthy the sin bin? xD

In all honesty...  We have bookings...  How many times have we seen a team lose their testosterone because one of their more "aggressive" players gets booked?

This is the most ridiculous idea I've heard for football ever and doesn't resolve anything.  I'm all in favour of cracking down on blatant cheating like diving with retrospective bans, elbowing, tackles off the ground and whatever you like in that vein.  But sin bins?  THIS AIN'T ICE HOCKEY!

At the end of the day it's another tool for referee's to use to exert control over a football match. Trialing it at a level where referees very much cave in to peer pressure is the best idea all around. I can see it being succesful and being implement full time.

That said, it's 2017, the pace of play at the top level is absolutely crazy. Even now the pace and fitness of players at Vanarama Level is incredible as Wenger noted after the Sutton United match. Why, when it is affordable, is goal line technology not used to aide referees? It would have taken ten seconds to deem that Rashford had dived against Swansea City and those extra points could have been worth 150 odd million for Swansea City. You say don't take ideas from other sports, but Cricket's appeal system would be a good one for Football to copy where teams are allowed one appeal per half. This could improve the game tenfold.

Archived