• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

His Dark Materials

football forum

• Subscriber

Worth its own thread in my opinion...

his-dark-materials-poster.jpg?itok=9N_fl

Anyone else watching? I know @Bluewolf and @DeadLinesman do :P 

Thoroughly enjoyed the second episode last night (much more than the first one which I also liked a lot). Ruth Wilson is perfect as Mrs Coulter. I never thought it's possible to hate a character more than I hated Dr. Smith in Lost in Space but I was very wrong; she brings it to a completely new level xD 

Also the daemons are so damn cool. I want one xD 

The visuals look great and the story is captivating. Can't wait to see more.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just watched the latest episode... Probably the best one so far. Can't wait for them to finally go to the North; things should really get interesting there as the show is really starting to pick up now.

On a side note, I really feel bad for Mrs Coulter's daemon... The daemons are such a cool idea overall; I love how they can shape shift while their people are still children figuring out who they are and then settle into a certain animal once the person comes of age based on their personality.

• Subscriber

Really enjoyed the latest episode.

Iorek Byrnison and the aeronaut are two cool new characters. They are like Han Solo and Chewbacca of this series xD The aeronaut's daemon cheering him on during the bar fight was hilarious xD 
Dafne Keen is also really starting to shine; I thought her portrayal of Lyra is getting better with each episode.
Also the way they are showing Mrs. Coulter's character through her daemon is really well done. 

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just watched Episode 5... thought it was great. The show's really picking up the pace with every episode.

Anyone else still watching?

Watched Knives Out at the cinema tonight so will be watching tomorrow. Excited to see what the Armoured Bear does this week xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Watched Knives Out at the cinema tonight so will be watching tomorrow. Excited to see what the Armoured Bear does this week xD

This was quite a sad episode :( 

The bear is alright; don't worry.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Certainly have. Moving along quickly now. Lyra out on her own now :o

It's a pity; I was looking forward to her teaming up properly with Lee and the Bear :( 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

nudge: I don't like fantasy. 

Also nudge: Watches every fantasy series on the planet. 

:ph34r:

I have very mixed feelings about fantasy genre xD Some stuff I generally don't like (usually high fantasy, pseudo-European medieval fantasy with the same worn out races or characters - wizards, elves, orcs, dwarves, witches and princesses, etc.), while some I enjoy quite a lot (wuxia/xanxia and general Eastern mythology inspired fantasy, magic realism, contemporary fantasy, steampunk, or just fantasy that deals with interesting themes). 

I like His Dark Materials mostly because of parallel universes and the concepts of religion, physics and philosophy, as well as some other unconventional ideas and characters.

Archived