talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Horror Films

football forum

Nudge usually does this with other genres. Thought I might do one with Horror.

So let's see your favourites. Might get to know about interesting flicks.

Mine in no particular order:

The Witch: Creepy little movie. Thoroughly enjoyable. 

Omen: Not so much scary, but a well told story. And has aged well.

It Chapter One: Funny, scary and with a brilliant Pennywise. 

Candyman: Saw it as a kid, scared the shit out of me. 

Ring (English): I saw the English version first and thought it was a well made version. 

Conjuring: Had its share of scary moments (esp the dark staircase scene) and was well made. 

Trick N Treat: Anthologies are tough to make, but everything was tied up nicely in this. 

The Wailing: Could have been shorter by half an hour, but it was still quite entertaining. 

Tumbbad: Again less of a scary movie and more of a well told story of greed. Also, by the far the most beautifully shot horror movie I have ever seen. Highly recommended. 

I have probably missed some, and will add then later. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not a fan of Horror movies but two have stuck with me for a long time.

Viy (1967) - a Soviet classic based on Nicola Gogol's story and the first horror movie I've seen. Scared me to death. @IgnisExcubitor you should watch it if you haven't... Just keep away from the modern adaptation as it's trash. This is the right one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062453/

The Others (2001) - the only other horror movie I really enjoyed. Very well done and Nicole Kidman is fantastic in this one.

Also if we count Stephen King movies as horror then Needless Things and Storm of the Century are two movies I love - although to me it's hardly horror. Oh and Langoliers :D 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Viy (1967) - a Soviet classic based on Nicola Gogol's story and the first horror movie I've seen. Scared me to death. @IgnisExcubitor you should watch it if you haven't... Just keep away from the modern adaptation as it's trash. This is the right one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062453/

Just mentioned this to the wife and see if it's on Netflix, read out what you said above and Liz said "On your bike...no thanks" xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just mentioned this to the wife and see if it's on Netflix, read out what you said above and Liz said "On your bike...no thanks" xD

To be honest I saw it some 30 years ago so maaaaaybe it's not actually as scary as it was back then... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be honest I saw it some 30 years ago so maaaaaybe it's not actually as scary as it was back then... 

With me sitting next to the wife watching it and I could see a scary bit coming up I would suddenly yell and jump and scare the shite out of her...then get a punch in the bollocks for being a smart arse and scaring her, xD

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

With me sitting next to the wife watching it and I could see a scary bit coming up I would suddenly yell and jump and scare the shite out of her...then get a punch in the bollocks for being a smart arse and scaring her, xD

giphy.gif

Is Silence of the lambs not more of a thriller than a horror? Class film either way, as is the Hannibal.

Either way, the original Halloween films, IT the Clown, Omen, chainsaw massacre.. 

Horrors were better as a young un as they actually scared you back then. I used to be terrified of It the Clown and Freddy Krueger. 

• The title was changed to Your Favourite Horror Films
  • Administrator

Love a good horror movie. Think I've seen so many now I'm desensitised to a lot of it so don't end up getting scared all the way through. Usually jumpy more than anything and laugh at some points xD 

Ones that stand out:

The Exorcist
Psycho
The Ring 
The Omen
IT (the original was great; the re-make was much less so)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday 13th
Freddy vs Jason
Wolf Creek
The Conjuring
Paranormal Activity (does this count as horror?)
Insidious (the first one only)

There's a film out called The Nun which I'd like to see. Jumped a lot at one of the scenes in the trailer!

• Subscriber

First Scream

The Exorcist

The Exorcism Of Emily Rose

The Ring

The Grudge

The Omen

I know What You Did Last Summer

Rec 1 and 2

Get Out

Saw

The Orphanage

The Mist

The Strangers

Eden Lake

Strangers

Wolf Creek

Hostel

Planet Terror

14 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Silence of the Lambs is one of the greatest films of all time, in my opinion. Absolute timeless classic. But it's definitely not a horror, it's a thriller.

Hannibal is a class film as well to be honest. Not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but still class in its own right.

As you say though, I'd regard them as thrillers, which are different from horrors.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Hannibal is a class film as well to be honest. Not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but still class in its own right.

As you say though, I'd regard them as thrillers, which are different from horrors.

Yeah i like them all. Hopkins at his best, he was made to play that role. 

On 12/11/2019 at 18:52, nudge said:

Vly (1967) - a Soviet classic based on Nicola Gogol's story and the first horror movie I've seen. Scared me to death. @IgnisExcubitor you should watch it if you haven't... Just keep away from the modern adaptation as it's trash. This is the right one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062453/

Will do. 

@topic

Fucking hell, how did I miss mentioning Exorcist. 

Also must mention Exorcism of Emily Rose. 

Also, can't say Silence of Lambs is horror. It's a thriller. A great thriller, but not a horror. 

• Subscriber

On 12/11/2019 at 13:22, nudge said:

Also if we count Stephen King movies

Our DVD is playing up so just waiting for a new one to arrive and when it doe's I will be watching this, I can't remember if I have seen it before but it's from a Stephen King novel and our son said it's good.

20191119_063618.jpg.fef5834ba9dd453c6cbb74b2bad10e23.jpg         

Archived