talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Fraser - Newcastle Sign Winger

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Would be a bad move for him on a personal level, he won't start ever ahead of Salah and Mane apart from Cup games.

Mane and Salah cant possibly start every game. He would get his fair share of minutes, as does Origi. We need depth in the forward positions if we are to maintain this fantastic run. Not saying Fraser is that man, but we need someone.

• The title was changed to Ryan Fraser - Liverpool
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mane and Salah cant possibly start every game. He would get his fair share of minutes, as does Origi. We need depth in the forward positions if we are to maintain this fantastic run. Not saying Fraser is that man, but we need someone.

How many league games have the duo missed not including injuries and suspensions? If both fit Koopp will always start them.

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

How many league games have the duo missed not including injuries and suspensions? If both fit Koopp will always start them.

That's the case with most of the top clubs. We still need depth in those positions. City have Marhez and Sane as cover for Sterling and Silva. 

• Subscriber

Don't see how he could possibly turn this down or see it as a negative move. Might only get 15 starts a season but plenty of cameo appearances and you'd be training with some of the best players around at the moment, competing for major honours for the foreseeable future, would probably improve as a player as long as Klopp is manager. Would you really stay at Bournemouth because you want first team football? 

I see the argument that he could be another Shaqiri but I believe Shaqiri's attitude/commitment problems which have followed him around are a deciding factor in how he's become such a bit part player at Liverpool, it's just been kept quiet. I don't think Fraser has had the same issues in his career to date.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've just read that Fraser has the most assists out of anyone in the league from the beginning of last season?

Could be a very smart move by us, especially if he costs us nothing.

Second only to Hazard last season, one behind.

• Subscriber

I think he'll come good with time for us and I doubt he'd be very expensive as a signing either. Thinking of how Klopp would just rotate him in and now we have attack options later on in games where we want to give our wingers a rest. Plus, anytime I have seen him play he's always showed high energy and that is something Klopp really likes. Having said all that I am also reading that this news is probably fake so we wont know till we get to January. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've just read that Fraser has the most assists out of anyone in the league from the beginning of last season?

Could be a very smart move by us, especially if he costs us nothing.

40 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Second only to Hazard last season, one behind.

Yeah had a stellar season in 18/19.

Only 2 assists this season though...

• The title was changed to Ryan Fraser - Newcastle Close to Signing Winger
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived