talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Green Are Premier League Clubs?

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's proper exaggerating mate. 

They reckon 1000's, if not hundred of 1000's years before anything bad will happen. 

Certainly not in our lifetime.

No mate that's definitely not correct, unless your actually talking the point where it could become an extinction scenario.

Climate change is already an economic problem but it's one that will get worse in our lifetimes, and have major impacts well before 1000 years.

More 1 in 100 year storm events, more droughts, some small, developed islands starting to disappear underwater, limitations to the global food supply etc.

It's changing slowly by our standards but very rapidly compared to the historical baseline pre-humans.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently they did last year - no idea if they did this year. Makes me wonder if they've got multiple busses they keep in different cities, or if the bus driver drives out the night before or some shite like that. But clubs flying from the north to London happens all the time - even though it's not really necessary at all. The argument made for it is "it saves time and gives the players more time to rest and prepare" - not sure if I agree with it though because it's ridiculous tbh.

Shite like that might be why so many clubs are quick to point out how green and environmentally friendly they are... because in the grand scheme of things, they're not very environmentally friendly. 

Surely that can't be right, the distance between Manchester airport and Liverpool aiport is 30 miles?

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Surely that can't be right, the distance between Manchester airport and Liverpool aiport is 30 miles?

That's what I thought. It would literally be miles quicker to go on a coach when considering checking in times, baggage and actual flight times etc. Its about a 45 minute drive.

Sounds bollocks to me.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's what I thought. It would literally be miles quicker to go on a coach when considering checking in times, baggage and actual flight times etc. Its about a 45 minute drive.

Sounds bollocks to me.

You don’t check in on most private flights 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I’m not talking you I’m talking Slave Trader FC

Can’t even see City doing it tbh. Like TAD just said, regarding take off speed, landing etc, I’d be gobsmacked. You’d be talking a flight of less than 7 minutes. That’s bonkers.

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can’t even see City doing it tbh. Like TAD just said, regarding take off speed, landing etc, I’d be gobsmacked. You’d be talking a flight of less than 7 minutes. That’s bonkers.

Well it’s what I’ve heard and I trust who I heard it from, even if the concept of that flight is ridiculous 

• 3 months later...

Something that I don't understand, that would also help football become more environmentally friendly at the same time, is that you have to go down to the fifth tier of Scottish football and the sixth tier of English football to actually get some sort of regionalisation.

In Scotland, it's even more bizarre because you have part time teams playing midweek matches that can be hundreds of miles to travel to.

On 13/11/2019 at 23:24, LFCMadLad said:

That's proper exaggerating mate. 

They reckon 1000's, if not hundred of 1000's years before anything bad will happen. 

Certainly not in our lifetime.

81259503_579054602654949_4706755944158068736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KCDM34Je05kAX84kLcx&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd4-1.fna&oh=9732611efa46de74848cf969664edf10&oe=5EB95B37

A billion dead animals, thousands of lost homes and the remaining 2/3 koalas in the world say shut your ignorant fucking gob mate 

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Had a beer big man?

No, but I recently lived through a month and a half of stepping outside in the morning not being able to see the mountain I live at the base of because the smoke in the sky was so thick. Seeing burnt to a crisp animals lining the freeway whenever I went more than 20 ks south, having a mate miss out on coming to a cricket match in sydney with us because he was getting evacuated, frightened that both his home and work place were about to be destroyed. 1/3rd of the worlds koala population dead and most of their habitat destroyed and then come here to see.

"Yeah nah the effects wont be felt for thousands of years"

Genuinely get fucked. I hope you're this ignorant about trucks and busses when it comes to crossing the street next time mate.

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The Earth goes through natural cycles of warming and cooling, it has done since the dawn of time, the cause is our star i.e the sun  ..nothing us little piss ants do will change that :coffee: 

Q1 Why is Venus hotter than Mercury despite being more than twice as far away from the sun?

Answer: it's got a different atmosphere.

Q2. What's different about it?

It's got much higher concentrations of greenhouse gases, which make its atmosphere thicker so that it functions as a blanket, trapping the heat in

Q3. What happens on other planets when you pump fuckloads more of these gases into the atmosphere.

The atmosphere gets thicker and traps more heat.

Q4. Will we become Venus? 

No, it doesn't need to get to that point to really fuck shit up

Q5. Can we prevent this in a way that isn't economically ruinous?

Yes. But the longer we sit around pretending there's no issue the harder that becomes.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Q1 Why is Venus hotter than Mercury despite being more than twice as far away from the sun?

Answer: it's got a different atmosphere.

Q2. What's different about it?

It's got much higher concentrations of greenhouse gases, which make its atmosphere thicker so that it functions as a blanket, trapping the heat in

Q3. What happens on other planets when you pump fuckloads more of these gases into the atmosphere.

The atmosphere gets thicker and traps more heat.

Q4. Will we become Venus? 

No, it doesn't need to get to that point to really fuck shit up

Q5. Can we prevent this in a way that isn't economically ruinous?

Yes. But the longer we sit around pretending there's no issue the harder that becomes.

Have you been to venus with a thermometer or did you read it on some site? ..also how did any "spacecraft" get through the Van Allen radiation belt when NASA (never a straight answer) accidentally let it slip on an educational video that NOTHING can pass through that radiation and survive? ..which means we have never been to the moon

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

And that natural warming and cooling happens over thousands of years, not 50. It must just be a massive coincidence that the rise in temperature coincides with exponential growth of man and heavy industry....... 

CO2 Makes Up Just 0.04% of Earth's Atmosphere :coffee: 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

No, it's more to do with the sun but okay 

Summary: (a) Earth absorbs most of the sunlight it receives; (b) Earth then emits the absorbed light's energy as infrared light; (c) greenhouse gases absorb a lot of the infrared light before it can leave our atmosphere; (d) being absorbed slows the rate at which energy escapes to space; and (e) the slower passage of energy heats up the atmosphere, water, and ground. By increasing the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, humans are increasing the atmosphere’s absorption of infrared light, thereby warming Earth and disrupting global climate patterns

Increasing water vapour leads to warmer temperatures, which causes more water vapour to be absorbed into the air. Warming and water absorption increase in a spiralling cycle

It's literally so simple kids understand it. But people refuse to believe because no one wants to make sacrifices. 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Correct, the Earth is stationary with a big fire ball circling us  

aAnd more full of gas that your mouth after you talk a load of shit about something you have no understanding of because back when you went to school cigarettes were good for your lungs and dinosaurs had scales 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

aAnd more full of gas that your mouth after you talk a load of shit about something you have no understanding of because back when you went to school cigarettes were good for your lungs and dinosaurs had scales 

You are crazy if you think we live on a spinning ball

Archived