talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Queen's Park to Turn Professional

football forum

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historic day, whichever way you feel about it. Was always going to be a hell of a change for Queen's Park after this summer; couple that with how football has evolved even over the past two or three decades and the fact that relegation into relative oblivion is now possible and it was only a matter of time before they had to seriously reassess what their actual purpose is.

I'm a bit sad about it really as they have one hell of a history and a monumental influence on the course of (especially Scottish) football. Sadly, football's a business now, and teams who 'play for the sake of playing' are not long for that world. What with being evicted to the literal old farm next door and losing that massive part of their identity it probably is time to let it their past lie and crack on as a normal outfit. I've done a Queen's Park match before and they seem like a genuine set up and small but fiercely loyal set of fans. Honestly hope their new path does them well.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, tlr said:

Sadly, football's a business now, and teams who 'play for the sake of playing' are not long for that world

True that money and professional has taken over the amateur side of play, as you say, sad, once upon a time you would play for the love of the sport and not for the money. :(

13 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

True that money and professional has taken over the amateur side of play, as you say, sad, once upon a time you would play for the love of the sport and not for the money. :(

I think most footballers still love playing football though. One good thing about the women's game is that it is done more for love of the game.

Archived