The better place to talk football.

The Best Title-Winning Premier League Comebacks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've moved it to Premier League forum.

Cheers, I was thinking about it after I had posted it and came back into Edit and say if this is the wrong forum could Admin/Mod please move and knew you would move it. :ay:

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

That Kompany goal last season still blows my mind

Aguero's goal when City won it 2011/12 still haunts me, I thought United had blown it when City was leading 2-1 then QPR's Djibril Cissé equalised for OPR to make it 2-2, I was watching football updates and when they yelled out QPR was level and I saw a glimmer of hope but then Aguero's goal sealed it for City.

I blamed Joey Barton for QPR not hanging on when he got sent off just after QPR equalised, always said he must have put a bet on the match that City would win it so he got himself sent off...cough, cough :whistling:

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

@Stan, it's funny how the EPL made this video about the greatest comebacks, wouldn't it be strange if Liverpool started to falter and Leicester pipped them for the title, just a thought.  

Talking of which (and I would love that of course but it won't happen), our comeback from nearly being relegated to being champions the next season is one of the best :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Might as well put this match in here as I remember it well, going into the last game of the season and our son was at college at the time and all cock o hoop his Liverpool would beat the gunners and win the title, I met him later outside a pub he was in and he hadn't checked the score and I told him his mighty Liverpool had been beaten by Arsenal at Anfield, scored the 2 goals they needed and were champions.

He told me to "fuck off pops and stop winding him up..." but I had the last laugh when he checked the scores in the pub. xD

The final match of the 1988–89 Football League season was contested at Anfield between Liverpool and Arsenal, the top two teams in the First Division, on 26 May 1989. The clubs were close enough on points for the match to act as a decider for the championship. Arsenal won by two goals, the margin they required to take the title. Midfielder Michael Thomas scored the second goal in the final seconds of the match, ending Arsenal's 18-year wait to be crowned champions.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Talking of which (and I would love that of course but it won't happen), our comeback from nearly being relegated to being champions the next season is one of the best :ph34r:

Nothing can top it. I'm convinced. How the hell do you top that? End of March 2015 we looked absolutely buried.

• The title was changed to The Best Title-Winning Premier League Comebacks

Archived