• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Were you ever a heavy drinker?

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but my GP would beg to differ lol

I used to be out in my early 20s and late teens every Friday and Saturday, a quiet but still pissed night only drinking around 6 pints and a night that would end up with me being sick over myself was probably 12+ pints and not mentioning the shots on top of that. Though the latter seemed to be pretty standard numbers for most people I'd drink with back then, me being a lanky streak of piss back then meant that keeping the pace with people was not my strong point haha. If not pints then you're talking standard bottle of vodka for yourself, before the cheap double measurement deals you'd get at all the establishments you'd not stay in past 10pm before going onto whatever was the cheapest on me wallet in each bar/club

Nowadays I don't drink a lot on weekends and most of my drinks tend to be during the week at gigs where I'll have 1-2 pints max. Apparently doing 4 pints during the week and if I'm actually out on a Saturday night somewhere around 6 on top is enough for my GP to have a pop at me so I guess the less alcohol the better...I wouldn't consider myself a heavy drink compared to actual heavy drinkers though

If I want I can just go on and drink lemonade all night but tbh I enjoy drinking Guinness away from the alcohol content and a pale ale is always good if you're after a light drink that doesn't involved getting smashed so I don't feel the need to go alcohol free

• Subscriber

Pub after work tonight at 10pm for a nice lager after a long day at work. Some weeks we go a couple of times a week... going after 6-2 can get silly where i end up leaving my car there if i have nothing planned. Tonight though, just the 1 then home. 

I love a nice cold lager after work. 

One night at the weekend i'll have a few, i don't massively binge drink though... not too often anymore.

Archived