talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Player/Squad of the decade

6 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I agree but he was only at Liverpool for a small portion of the decade and there have been other strikers who have been in the PL a lot longer this past decade who have been as good if not better.

He would be in an XI for Liverpool in the past decade however!

Suarez shits all over Kane who has been included by most. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think you can argue with Kane and Aguero ahead of him purely for longevity in this league. But yeah, I'd have to try and find a way to get him in if I did one

Kane has been playing in this league about as long as Suarez did. Maybe a season longer?

6 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I agree but he was only at Liverpool for a small portion of the decade and there have been other strikers who have been in the PL a lot longer this past decade who have been as good if not better.

He would be in an XI for Liverpool in the past decade however!

Completely agree.

Can't fault Suarez but I'd have to have others ahead given what they have done in a longer period.

Aguero and Kane speak for themselves, but amazing to think you struggle to fit in someone like Robin Van Persie, who by the way, was phenomenal, I'd be tempted to have him in somewhere.

He was unplayable in some of those seasons.

He'd definitely be ahead of Suarez for me, IMO.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Suarez shits all over Kane who has been included by most. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Kane has been playing in this league about as long as Suarez did. Maybe a season longer?

I absolutely loved Suarez when he was at Liverpool for the way he played and goals he scored but still prefer Kane. 

Kane is in his 7th season at the moment as a PL player.

Suarez was in the PL for 4 seasons only.

Both can score all kinds of goals. To say 'Suarez shits all over Kane' is not true. They are/were both extremely prolific strikers and any side having them is lucky. Kane edges it for me and is the better striker over the decade.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not much longer then :ph34r:

I'd still have Suarez. His all round game was just phenomenal whilst with us. 

I just like my strikers to score goals, which is what Suarez did. Look at RVN at United. Deadliest striker I’ve seen from 5 yards out. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think Suarez when at Liverpool in terms of ability was probably my favourite forward in the Premier League, bar Vardy obviously.

He was a freak of a player for us. He would score over 30 goals, would assist upwards of 20 goals, hed drop deep and win the ball, he'd kill his own mum for a victory. 

I stand by what I said... Suarez for me shits all over Kane. 

When Suarez was with us, he was fucking incredible - I think he was the best player in the league at the time. A complete attacker, really, created a lot of chances, scored a lot of goals. Goals from inside the box, goals from outside the box, he was really just a remarkable threat on goal anytime he was on the pitch.

If we'd be doing a 4-3-3 formation... I'd put him in along with Kane and Aguero (Kane central of course) - it's hard to leave those two out tbh. Aguero's got a conversion ratio that's absolutely insane and only one other premier league player compares with it - and that's Thierry Henry, who was the league's best ever striker imo. And Kane's a world class striker, even if he's not really anywhere near as talented as Suarez. And they've both got longevity in the league over Suarez - but yeah, I think he was better than both of them.

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He was a freak of a player for us. He would score over 30 goals, would assist upwards of 20 goals, hed drop deep and win the ball, he'd kill his own mum for a victory. 

I stand by what I said... Suarez for me shits all over Kane. 

Pretty much why I said Van Persie too.

He set up so many goals, scored every kind of goal you could imagine (tap ins, long range, overhead, volley, free kicks, headers) could do it with both feet, and did it for two clubs as well. 

Weirdly, he seemed to get better the older he got.

And even though we are talking just Premier League here, he was doing it for Holland too in the South Africa and Brazil World Cups.

I do genuinely wonder what else he could have done without all those injuries in the '00's decade too.

Suarez was class mind. Probably a fag paper between them and I think itjust boils down to personal preference end of the day. Both another level in their own right, I just favour RVP.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pretty much why I said Van Persie too.

He set up so many goals, scored every kind of goal you could imagine (tap ins, long range, overhead, volley, free kicks, headers) could do it with both feet, and did it for two clubs as well. 

Weirdly, he seemed to get better the older he got.

And even though we are talking just Premier League here, he was doing it for Holland too in the South Africa and Brazil World Cups.

I do genuinely wonder what else he could have done without all those injuries in the '00's decade too.

Suarez was class mind. Probably a fag paper between them and I think personal preference plays a big part but RVP for me was just another level on that form. 

Yeah I agree, RVP was class. I really dont rate Kane alongside those players. Hes extremely good dont get me wrong but he's a class below Suarez, RVP and Aguero etc.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

would assist upwards of 20 goals

Not once did he do this in a season.

Again, not saying I dislike him or disagree he was a phenomenal striker for Liverpool/Premier League - he was an enigma really, but can't overstate his achievements with false facts :)!

6 in his first season all competitions (Feb-March 2011)
10 in 2011/12
13 in 2012/13
19 in 2013/14

Think in a front 3 I'd have RVP involved as @Lucas / @Cicero said. Bit more longevity in the league along with Kane/Aguero and also so graceful to watch.

39 assists in the same time Suarez was at Liverpool (48).
107 goals compared to 82 Suarez got in that time.

Both were so influential for their respective clubs and leagues though. Hard to separate when it comes to personal preference.

Player of the Decade - Wilfried Zaha

Julian Speroni

Joel Ward - Scott Dann - Damien Delaney - Patrick Van Aanholt

Mile Jedinak - James MacArthur

Wilfried Zaha - Jason Puncheon - Yannick Bolasie

Glenn Murray

Notable mention to Mauroanne Chamakh. He was the most hard working marquee asset we could have wished for at the time. He would have made the team if Harry Kane didn't learn everything he knew from Glenn Murray 2012 season.

David De Gea

Kyle Walker - Vincent Kompany - John Terry - Leighton Baines

Raheem Sterling - Yaya Toure - Cesc Fabregas - Eden Hazard

Wayne Rooney - Sergio Aguero

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not once did he do this in a season.

Again, not saying I dislike him or disagree he was a phenomenal striker for Liverpool/Premier League - he was an enigma really, but can't overstate his achievements with false facts :)!

6 in his first season all competitions (Feb-March 2011)
10 in 2011/12
13 in 2012/13
19 in 2013/14

Think in a front 3 I'd have RVP involved as @Lucas / @Cicero said. Bit more longevity in the league along with Kane/Aguero and also so graceful to watch.

39 assists in the same time Suarez was at Liverpool (48).
107 goals compared to 82 Suarez got in that time.

Both were so influential for their respective clubs and leagues though. Hard to separate when it comes to personal preference.

It's more his all round game I'm referring. Just my opinion but I think Suarez was a class above.  

15 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I just like my strikers to score goals, which is what Suarez did. Look at RVN at United. Deadliest striker I’ve seen from 5 yards out. 

There was a stat that he scored just one out of 150 goals for United outside the box?

Archived