talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pochetino brought through Kane and turned him into a £100m+ player. He turned Ali into a £50m+ plus player, the list goes on. He then got them into the CL repetitively whilst on a low(ish) budget while the new stadium was built.

Hes now been rewarded for that with the sack, whilst a deal to bring in chequebook manager Mourinho was being arranged behind his back. 

The more you think about it, the more disgusting it sounds. 

Poch to join Arsenal, would be the perfect comeback for him.

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That's a great question and I think it boils down to the fact that him and Levy had a falling out of some sorts. I don't see why they wouldn't have given him that money considering what Poch gave to to the club over his tenure. Its one of those cases where the manager got shafted due to poor relations with the board. This appointment was definitely in the wings for a long long time and they planned it so that if they were in position X they could fire the current manager and bring the replacement in. 

I find it all extremely odd and only the fact that football now lives fully within the business model and this proves it all without a shadow of a doubt. There is no way in hell a football coach that picked up a mid-table club and managed to do what Pochettino has done would eventually be sacked years ago. It's inconceivable that this would occur!

Mauricio Pochettino has been moaning about not getting the funds to improve the situation for quite some time, beyond this current campaign and now he's been sacked for the result you usually get in any business model where you stretch without consistently improving resources.

Now, backstabbing, deception and lies aside (because Mourinho DID NOT GET APPOINTED off the back of one meeting, this is several months work)... I just don't get it and even bad relations with your top boss doesn't cut it for me. I have personal anecdotes that prove this as my big boss in New York doesn't like me at all (nothing personal, just the way I do things he hates)... He gives me everything I ask for because he knows that anything else and results drop that it'll be down to him, not me.

If Levy has made it all personal, then I am more than just astounded. If Levy has adhered to a player revolt of any sort, then my sentiments will be of a similar ilk.

For me this particular case is a very interesting one and one I would pay good money to find out the root of it all. This goes back years, at least two while years and I would bet money that the resulting mediocre season (what Spurs were always known for) is a target Levy may have been hoping for so as to execute what we now have (I'm not talking Mourinho specifically). Something happened time back and that's the reason Pochettino wasn't given the funds in alignment with Champions League qualification including the incredible achievement of a Champions League Final itself.

Nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes and I don't have to adhere to any of it as I'm not a Spurs fan that will have to shuffle a fan's duty of loyalty coupled with thinking in alignment with reality.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Pochetino brought through Kane and turned him into a £100m+ player. He turned Ali into a £50m+ plus player, the list goes on. He then got them into the CL repetitively whilst on a low(ish) budget while the new stadium was built.

Hes now been rewarded for that with the sack, whilst a deal to bring in chequebook manager Mourinho was being arranged behind his back. 

The more you think about it, the more disgusting it sounds. 

Add the final of the Champions League itself into those achievements.

17 minutes ago, Batard said:

I feel like I've awoken into an alternative universe. What the fuck has just happened?! I get Spurs have been, shaky and average at times but this is Tottenham and they invariably turn things around towards the end of the season. Which is quite some.way off too. It's all very weird and bringing Mourinho in is s bit like spiking your own drink to celebrate. If Levy felt Mauricio was overly complaining wait until Jose gets into a bad run of form and alienates his players.

To be fair mate, can't wait for him to have his second/third season meltdown.

The manager they have hired was shite for over a year. Let's not forget that either. 

I'm talking more about the decision to sach Poch, I was similarly surprised but looking at the details, you can see the justification.

Not sure about Mourinho being the right man, but he has something to prove.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Now, backstabbing, deception and lies aside (because Mourinho DID NOT GET APPOINTED off the back of one meeting, this is several months work)... I just don't get it and even bad relations with your top boss doesn't cut it for me. I have personal anecdotes that prove this as my big boss in New York doesn't like me at all (nothing personal, just the way I do things he hates)... He gives me everything I ask for because he knows that anything else and results drop that it'll be down to him, not me.

This right here sums up why he was fired and the next few statements too. How do you fire a coach who is the ascendancy? You just can't. He's generating revenue by showing progress, assuring competition money through CL positions, getting you a better TV deal through the popularity of the club in the table so there's really no 'good' reason to fire him. 

I think the whole Mourinho discussion started very early in the season because he kept hinting at his next job and people thought it might be Dortmund but the reality is that he always knew where he was going. Firing the manager at Spurs was always on the agenda, it really was a question of when and with the string of results, how was anyone ever going to argue with the board on this decision when you have, on one side, a manager who has literally won everything in club football and on the other you have a manager who has built a team and a persona around a club.

Executives care very little for the fans and more about their financial positioning for ROI on their spending. Daniel Levy was put there to ensure just that and all he needed was a reason. He got one and now because the entire fiscal system they've worked for over the course of five years seems like it might be diminished coupled with the current expenditure they will have to recoup, they need someone to bring in more money and ensure CL football. It's clearly short-sightedness on the part can as you said this is what football has become now. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm talking more about the decision to sach Poch, I was similarly surprised but looking at the details, you can see the justification.

Not sure about Mourinho being the right man, but he has something to prove.

Yeah I know what you're saying. It just seems a mental swap to me?

Yep. It just doesn't make any sense?

I reckon Poch bummed Levi's Mrs :ph34r:

I also have no doubt it was bumming that caused this final outcome because even just plain old cuckolding straight sex with Levy's wife wouldn't merit this totally outrageous act of villainy.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I also have no doubt it was bumming that caused this final outcome because even just plain old cuckolding straight sex with Levy's wife wouldn't merit this totally outrageous act of villainy.

Levy and Mourinho just do not match, very strange.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He may have turned Alli into a 50 million player, but he's turned him back into a 5 million one.

Does there have to be someone to blame for something like that? One could easily say Alli turned himself back into a £5m player.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Well it works both ways, 'one could easily say' Alli turned himself into the 50 million player?

Let's see how well Alli does when hes playing in a rigid formation, having to defend all the time because that's what he'll be doing under Don Mou. 

• The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived