• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Based on what?

Aurier and Rose/Davies leave a lot to be desired too. So they may be experienced in the PL but they're not the best.

I don't rate Foyth either. Lose Alderweireld and/or Vertonghen and that back line looks relatively poor compared to other 'top 6' clubs.

Based on the fact I’m inclined to believe that Spurs will improve one of their contracts vs splash cash on a CB that is equal in quality. 

Foyth has been forced to play RB but from what I recall he shows promise at CB. I’ve always rated Sanchez as a young talented CB who would excel under some guidance. 

Their fullbacks are a fair shout. What’s happened to sessegnon?

Mourinho is the predictable choice.

Rafa Benitez is the dark horse.

Eddie Howe is the gamble.

Either way, never going to get better than Pochettino in my opinion. He's done a very good job.

Should have won something to show for it but still, he's taken them beyond their wildest dreams.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought this was a wind up at first.. 

Pretty shocked to be honest, given all that he has achieved with Spurs you think they might have been a bit more forgiving with him.. I appreciate the season has been pretty dire for them so far and clearly something is up with the players but not sure you can lump all the blame on his shoulders for it.. So you reckon Mourinho is taking over @Storts??? That's going to be a shock to the Spurs system if he does.. 

Where next for him I wonder?? 

Him or Ancellotti I think yeah

I reckon this is down to the players - no way levy does it otherwise. And I don’t mean the ones that are leaving anyway, I’m talking about Kane mainly - no way he sacks him without getting his view. 

Poch can go anywhere he wants almost that’s why it’s so stupid 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This Spurs team is currently built for success. No better time to bring in Mourinho imo. 

Maybe a couple of years ago it was. The time's passed now IMO and they've missed it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Harry said:

Would bringing in a Mourinho or Ancelotti make a statement though?

Cementing Spurs increase in profile and status that's occurred in the poch era...?

Not for me. We don’t need to make statements. We need the right fit for the club 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Cant get my head round this. Sacking Poch in favour of a choice between two dinosaurs xD

It’s not the replacements that make this stupid (Mourinho is a great manager, and proven winner despite your dislike for his football. Ancellotti is an elite manager and proven winner also, who actually plays good football as well) it’s the simple fact that Potch has been sacked. Shoddy and very very ungrateful from Levy. 

That being said, Nagelsmann is a very promising manager. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s not the replacements that make this stupid (Mourinho is a great manager, and proven winner despite your dislike for his football. Ancellotti is an elite manager and proven winner also, who actually plays good football as well) it’s the simple fact that Potch has been sacked. Shoddy and very very ungrateful from Levy. 

That being said, Nagelsmann is a very promising manager. 

Was a proper sacking too btw, not mutual at all - Poch very emotional about it all, of course he's an emotional man generally, but apparently he was in pieces. Can't believe Levy would do this to him after the amount of times he stayed loyal to us.

Then again we've lost more games in all comps than any other side in 2019 - this is our worst year since 2008 and Ramos

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yeah of course he would say that why he was still your coach, at least he has some kind of Loyalty to Espanyol but has none what so ever to Spurs not now.

Na, if there's one thing he has it's loyalty and integrity, he's said it on multiple occasions unprompted, not a chance he would take over at Arsenal. 

• The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived