talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be gutting to be replaced by Mourinho when you have been asking the chairman for a few years for money to strengthen the squad to move on another level.  Tottenham didn't even buy single player last season and this season they have only spent money that was roughly the same amount they received in prize money for the Champions League.   Everyone knows Mourinho is a coach that needs huge sums of money to bring in ready made players, he does not have the patients to bring through youth.  Levy on the other hand is reluctant to spend big money on players with no sell on value and considering now they have huge debts to pay off from the stadium.  This appointment makes no sense whatsoever and seems a rash decision by Levy as it was a race to get a coach for free before Everton and Arsenal pulled the trigger on their coaches.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Tottenham's first 2 signings are Zlatan and Matic in January.

Why sign Zlatan when you have the far superior Kane in the side?

I wouldn't say the attack are the positions that need improving...

• Administrator

Really cannot see Poch going Arsenal.

1) - he's not a 'Judas' and won't go straight between the clubs. He has more respect than that. 

2) - I still can't see Arsenal giving Emery the boot just now.

3) - Poch is much better than where Arsenal are at right now and deserves a bigger club, perhaps elsewhere in Europe. His performance at Spurs and helping their stock rise markedly earns him the right to manage somewhere better than Arsenal. 

4) - Arsenal fans won't be nowhere near as patient as fans of Spurs were when he was first hired. Poch will know this and know it's toxic at Arsenal right now - should avoid it like the plague. 

Imagine saying a year ago that Mourinho would be the one replacing Pochettino 😂

Best outcome for Poch really, a massive pay off and his reputation intact.

A good short term appointment for Spurs who should be able to sort out the disillusioned players.

I do worry long term for Spurs. I'll give it two and a bit years before this all goes kapoot.

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Really cannot see Poch going Arsenal.

1) - he's not a 'Judas' and won't go straight between the clubs. He has more respect than that. 

2) - I still can't see Arsenal giving Emery the boot just now.

3) - Poch is much better than where Arsenal are at right now and deserves a bigger club, perhaps elsewhere in Europe. His performance at Spurs and helping their stock rise markedly earns him the right to manage somewhere better than Arsenal. 

4) - Arsenal fans won't be nowhere near as patient as fans of Spurs were when he was first hired. Poch will know this and know it's toxic at Arsenal right now - should avoid it like the plague. 

I agree on that "Judas" point because there are many indicatives as to why this is the case aside from his own words which are testament to how he thinks football.

Josep Maria Bartomeu (FC Barcelona President) had dinner with Mauricio Pochettino one week after then then Barça coach Luis Enrique informed the board of the club that he would be stepping down at the end of that campaign. That dinner meeting in Barcelona was all about the possibility of Pochettino taking over at the start of the following campaign and with a project at his disposal, which is something all coaches want plus the added factor of going to one of the biggest football clubs on the planet with untold resources. He said no! He said he couldn't betray his RCD Espanyol past which is massive and is a part of him after spending so many years at that club. He later on went onto deny it was about the possibility of becoming Barcelona coach as did Bartomeu but everyone knows that was exactly what it was all about.

He has said various times that he could never coach either Barcelona or Arsenal and as much as I would like it not to be true, the football side of me does indeed want it to be like that... I want there to still remain real football people with ethics based around the care for how fans feel. 

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't see Poch, or any top manager, going Arsenal if they've done there homework. Most toxic, ungrateful fans going.

We have had 2 managers in 24 Years, so you can't really judge that when a coach stayed on for 10 years longer than he should've is why the fans got frustrated with Wenger.  Anyone at any club would want Emery gone if they were in the same position with him losing the dressing room. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

We have had 2 managers in 24 Years, so you can't really judge that when a coach stayed on for 10 years longer than he should've is why the fans got frustrated with Wenger.  Anyone at any club would want Emery gone if they were in the same position with him losing the dressing room. 

Sorry but it went further than just 'frustration'. Some Arsenal fans are an embarrassment. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm interested to see what Jose does with someone like Christian Eriksson, someone who wanted out, hasn't been involved much this season as a result, but is such a big player for the team.

It will be a bonus for Spurs if he can get him going till the end of the season before he moves on. 

He'll convert him into a defensive midfielder. 

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree on that "Judas" point because there are many indicatives as to why this is the case aside from his own words which are testament to how he thinks football.

Josep Maria Bartomeu (FC Barcelona President) had dinner with Mauricio Pochettino one week after then then Barça coach Luis Enrique informed the board of the club that he would be stepping down at the end of that campaign. That dinner meeting in Barcelona was all about the possibility of Pochettino taking over at the start of the following campaign and with a project at his disposal, which is something all coaches want plus the added factor of going to one of the biggest football clubs on the planet with untold resources. He said no! He said he couldn't betray his RCD Espanyol past which is massive and is a part of him after spending so many years at that club. He later on went onto deny it was about the possibility of becoming Barcelona coach as did Bartomeu but everyone knows that was exactly what it was all about.

He has said various times that he could never coach either Barcelona or Arsenal and as much as I would like it not to be true, the football side of me does indeed want it to be like that... I want there to still remain real football people with ethics based around the care for how fans feel. 

Poch played for Espanyol on 2 occasions though and coached them, it is a bit different then just taking a job as a manager with no connection to that club.  I am not saying he would take the Arsenal job but also he be silly to turn it down on the fact he felt some kind of loyalty to a club that have just stitched him up.  No one thought George Graham would ever go on and coach Spurs after his history at Arsenal but he did as revenge to his sacking due to his own doing.

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry but it went further than just 'frustration'. Some Arsenal fans are an embarrassment. 

Not as bad as bad as Man Utd fans who brought a large copy of a P45 in to the ground and held it up when Van Gaal was incharge while wearing a Mourinho face mask xD

0_567e945b27d72_20151226T124509Z_9413

• Subscriber

The bandwagon hate for Mourinho is cringy as always. He's been a success for the vast majority of his career. The history books will tell you that. I must admit though, i'm intrigued to see how him and Levy will work together. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Your club sacked a manager who won you a league title the very next season. No club is perfect. 

I didn't say any club was?

This idea that Poch would go to Arsenal is laughable though. 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Your club sacked a manager who won you a league title the very next season. No club is perfect. 

Also, I didn't realise it was okay to head towards the Championship the season after winning the league, as if we should have just stuck with it. We'd have been even more of a laughing stock had that happened. 

• The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived