• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn't expecting that tbh, although Spurs have clearly struggled this season

Mad that a club like Spurs are sacking a manager a few months after reaching the Champions League final. However, their league form has been abysmal for nearly 12 months

• Subscriber

I’m massively shocked. But to be fair maybe the project has ran its course. Spurs will benefit from his 5 and half years for at least double that. Brilliant manager, just clearly struggled to motivate them this season. 

• Subscriber

Absolutely devastated quite honestly - that and furious. 

Don't care what the form has been like, don't care about some of the problems this season - this man has been the best Spurs manager of my lifetime. He's given us moments and experiences I didn't think we'd ever get - I'm gutted we didn't win anything, but he deserved so much more.

He's overachieved constantly - he's given Levy consistent CL money - and deserved every chance to turns things round again, just like he did the first time.

I'm sure I'll say more when I'm less angry but there's only one party coming out of this well - and it isn't us.

Team Poch. 

Just now, Storts said:

Yup, Mourinho. 

How do you feel about that?

On the one hand, it's Mourinho - he's a proven winner. On the other hand his football is so fucking painful for me to watch and at your best under Poch you played some really sexy stuff. But I guess winning > sexiness.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Imagine swapping Poch for Mourinho xD

Must be fucking mad.

Not really imo. Think Mourinho could do well with this current team (should those mentioned renew their contracts). 

Its the cancer Mourinho leaves behind that Spurs need to be wary of. Just give him a 2 year deal. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Not really imo. Think Mourinho could do well with this current team (should those mentioned renew their contracts). 

Its the cancer Mourinho leaves behind that Spurs need to be wary of. Just give him a 2 year deal. 

Wonder if it'll be a short-term thing. End of season or end of 20/21 season...

Genuinely shocked, thought he’d leave before they sack him. Looks like Levy has given in to players letting them down rather than Poch doing it. Mourinho coming in will be a massive lol in terms of style change but he could do a good job there 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I dunno, his style of footbal has become outdated in my opinion. Footbal has evolved into high press and counter press etc. Its all about speed ,movement and fluidity. Mourinho's style is way too rigid to be as successful as he once was. 

Just my opinion of course.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dunno, his style of footbal has become outdated in my opinion. Footbal has evolved into high press and counter press etc. Its all about speed ,movement and fluidity. Mourinho's style is way too rigid to be as successful as he once was. 

Just my opinion of course.

I think Mourinho's football is appalling to watch, but his least successful spell was with Man Utd and he still won a Europa League. His football style would still work - I think the big problem with him is he's a chequebook manager & when you get the signings wrong when they're big and expensive... it goes really wrong & that's what happened with him at United imo.

It's another reason, though, why I'm not convinced he's the right fit for Spurs. Levy's not one to really open the chequebook probably as much as Mourinho would like.

• The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived