talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Mad that a club like Spurs are sacking a manager a few months after reaching the Champions League final. 

This. 

He led them through their best run as a club...they may really regret this decision in a couple of year's time. 

• Subscriber

Can't help but feel Levy has done this to deflect from his own shortcomings - paint Pochettino as the problem rather than himself. With Spurs I get the impression things are a bit of a ticking time bomb - the players hearts not in it anymore (in many cases) with some of their more significant ones set to leave for nothing.

I said in the other thread that I think Pochettino leaving Spurs was probably the right natural step for everyone. It takes a special effort to over-achieve for a while like they have done. They need a rebuild in my opinion just to get back to where they were a couple of years ago and I think it's probably best somebody else undertakes that - Pochettino must have been seriously frustrated there.

I'm not really sure what they're intending to achieve by doing it now though. I do wonder if this is the job that Mourinho was alluding to.

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If true, that seems such a strange move after building long term under Poch to then go and bring in a manager that will look for the quick fix in a completely different style

This Spurs team is currently built for success. No better time to bring in Mourinho imo. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

This is Ed Woodward and the Glazers. What do you think will happen xD

Solskjaer leaving/sacked shortly after Pochettino is hired somewhere xD 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

This Spurs team is currently built for success. No better time to bring in Mourinho imo. 

Aren't they losing 2 or 3 big players this coming summer. A mini rebuild is needed if so, so I'm not entirely sure they are built for success just yet. Maybe 2 years ago but not now.

Mourinhos definitely not outdated, he’s been competing with the likes of Guardiola and Klopp for years with varying levels of success. I dislike his football a lot but if he gets the right team and backs it properly then he can be as good as anyone.

With that said I don’t think he was blameless at United and had ample opportunities and players in to build a title challenging side 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Aren't they losing 2 or 3 big players this coming summer. A mini rebuild is needed if so, so I'm not entirely sure they are built for success just yet. Maybe 2 years ago but not now.

Prime Kane and Son 

Lo Celso is a quality replacement for Eriksen 

Winks and Ndombele pairing. 

Experienced back line. 

Think a few additions next summer will have them compete. Would even wager them winning something. 

Totally surprised by this. When I saw the thread I assumed the situation was porch choosing to quit the club to go somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Man Utd and Real Madrid now in a race to sack their managers.

Can see this happening. They would be furiously working behind the scenes now to see if they can make it happen.

Massive shock!

Spurs are absolutely mental and it's the fact that they've always been a very superficial club based on very little substance other than having had some iconic footballers playing for them. This is a massive downfall for them and if they think anything is gonna come from a Mourinho partnership... Then they know nothing on the hate stakes uptill now.

The only interesting part to come from this is which big club Pochettino will now choose to ply his trade at. I wonder if Levy is ruing not having lowered his release clause when Real Madrid came in for him. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Aren't Alderweireld and Vertonghen running down their contracts?

Think one of them could stay and play along side Sanchez, who I think will turn into one of the best CB’s in the league under Mourinho. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Think one of them could stay and play along side Sanchez, who I think will turn into one of the best CB’s in the league under Mourinho. 

Bold claim - if Mourinho ends up there, I'd be interested to see if that actually pans out. As someone who sees Sanchez as pretty overrated, I doubt it, but I've been wrong before so :what:

Thought this was a wind up at first.. 

Pretty shocked to be honest, given all that he has achieved with Spurs you think they might have been a bit more forgiving with him.. I appreciate the season has been pretty dire for them so far and clearly something is up with the players but not sure you can lump all the blame on his shoulders for it.. So you reckon Mourinho is taking over @Storts??? That's going to be a shock to the Spurs system if he does.. 

Where next for him I wonder?? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Based on what?

Aurier and Rose/Davies leave a lot to be desired too. So they may be experienced in the PL but they're not the best.

I don't rate Foyth either. Lose Alderweireld and/or Vertonghen and that back line looks relatively poor compared to other 'top 6' clubs.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bold claim - if Mourinho ends up there, I'd be interested to see if that actually pans out. As someone who sees Sanchez as pretty overrated, I doubt it, but I've been wrong before so :what:

He will turn him into another Zouma, who was class before his ACL tear 

• The title was changed to Mauricio Pochettino Sacked By Spurs
  • The title was changed to Pochettino Sacked by Spurs; Replaced by Jose Mourinho

Archived