Augsburg vs Hertha Berlin, 14.30
Hoffenheim vs Mainz, 17.30

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, BartraPique1932 said:

for Dortmund.

Yeah it's unfortunate for both sides really. Paderborn will be disappointed to have wasted a 3-0 lead (even if they'd gladly take a draw and a point away at Dortmund I'm sure) and BVB will be disappointed with only managing a draw against Paderborn at home. 

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah it's unfortunate for both sides really. Paderborn will be disappointed to have wasted a 3-0 lead (even if they'd gladly take a draw and a point away at Dortmund I'm sure) and BVB will be disappointed with only managing a draw against Paderborn at home. 

Dortmund really should be beating a side like Paderborn at home. Dortmund have so much talent and so much potential, but they are just not fulfilling what they are capable of a lot of the time. They need much more consistency if they are going to seriously challenge for major competitions. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Dortmund really should be beating a side like Paderborn at home. Dortmund have so much talent and so much potential, but they are just not fulfilling what they are capable of a lot of the time. They need much more consistency if they are going to seriously challenge for major competitions. 

Yeah they're like the new Leverkusen in terms of underachieving...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah they're like the new Leverkusen in terms of underachieving...

Yes, to a certain extent. Leverkusen have historically underachieved at the last hurdle, but as I have said several times on here, I think that hiring Peter Bosz as their manager was a huge mistake. In my opinion, a much more pragmatic manager would suit them and get more out of them as a team.

Leverkusen have some very good players, but overall, Dortmund have the better squad. Dortmund have a squad that can seriously compete for major competitions like the Champions League and the Bundesliga, but erratic results and displays like yesterday's result are what is holding them back. Maybe they should concentrate more on the defensive side of their game, I also don't think that a player like Dahoud is good enough to be starting either, certainly not in the defensive midfield position.

Either way, I hope that Dortmund do finally become more consistent, we want to see results like their 4-0 win over Atletico Madrid last season! That is the kind of high level performance that we know that they are capable of.

Weghorst's goal surprisingly gave Wolfsburg the lead in Frankfurt, which was dissapointing for us. But Wolfsburg have had Tisserand sent off just before half-time, so hopefully we can turn this result around in the second half.

Ex Leeds goalkeeper Felix Wiedwald gets a rare start for Frankfurt today, because our first choice goalkeepers Trapp and Ronnow are both respectively out due to an injury in Trapp's case and an infection in Ronnow's case. It's kind of good to see that we have depth even in the goalkeeper position, but I still think that Trapp and Ronnow are much better goalkeepers that Wiedwald is. Nevertheless, he's not the worst 3rd choice goalkeeper to have, he's quite good when he's on form.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived