talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hungary Announce Euro 2024 Squad

This is the squad I pretty much expected Marco Rossi to take to Germany. The only other players who maybe should have been selected are Zsolt Kalmar and Andras Nemeth. But Kalmar is injured, so that's why he couldn't be selected. Nemeth on the other hand has had limited playing time at his club side Hamburg and the youngster is much more inexperienced compared to the other centre-forwards that Rossi has selected in the squad. Those are probably the 2 main reasons why Rossi didn't select Nemeth, although I personally think Nemeth should have been selected. 

This Hungarian side does look like a very tough team though and I don't think any side will find it straight forward against them. Orban and Szalai will be important players in defence once again no doubt, just as they were at the last Euros. While Szoboszlai and Schafer will be the key men in midfield, who should be the main creative forces in the team. Roland Sallai is another attacking threat to really look out for as well though. Sallai's scoring record for Hungary is quite impressive.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Hungary Announce Euro 2024 Squad