talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Swansea City Sign Joel Asoro

football forums

A bit of a weird one this. I know the Manager knows him from his time in Sweden and he plays 'the Swansea way' but I don't think this is a good move for any party.

Swansea for starters could do with players of a better quality. They've just dropped out of the Premier League and are signing somebody that's far from the finished article and didn't establish himself as a key player in a relegated side. 

Joel Asoro's first team opportunities will also be limited youd imagine. At Sunderland he could have played over fourty games at a lower level and really established himself.

As for Sunderland, whilst they've got two million they've potentially lost out on a player who could have made a real impact in league one. Asoro and McNair are players they really should have been hoping to build a promotion charge with.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2018 at 18:06, Smiley Culture said:

Asoro wanted to leave Sunderland and £2m, if re-invested in the playing squad, should get them a replacement striker with enough ability to get 15-20 goals at that level. 

They’re linked with Charlie Wyke from Bradford City, who are a basket case of a club. 

Well they have been linked Mohamed Eisa. He looks like he would be a good replacement and is the exact type of player they should be looking to sign.

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well they have been linked Mohamed Eisa. He looks like he would be a good replacement and is the exact type of player they should be looking to sign.

Cheltenham want £1.5m. They’ve rejected a £1m bid from Peterborough apparently. 

20 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Cheltenham want £1.5m. They’ve rejected a £1m bid from Peterborough apparently. 

I guess with Peterborough's success rate with Strikers his value doubled as soon as they were interested xD

Archived