• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Swansea City Sign Joel Asoro

Recommended Posts

A bit of a weird one this. I know the Manager knows him from his time in Sweden and he plays 'the Swansea way' but I don't think this is a good move for any party.

Swansea for starters could do with players of a better quality. They've just dropped out of the Premier League and are signing somebody that's far from the finished article and didn't establish himself as a key player in a relegated side. 

Joel Asoro's first team opportunities will also be limited youd imagine. At Sunderland he could have played over fourty games at a lower level and really established himself.

As for Sunderland, whilst they've got two million they've potentially lost out on a player who could have made a real impact in league one. Asoro and McNair are players they really should have been hoping to build a promotion charge with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asoro wanted to leave Sunderland and £2m, if re-invested in the playing squad, should get them a replacement striker with enough ability to get 15-20 goals at that level. 

They’re linked with Charlie Wyke from Bradford City, who are a basket case of a club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2018 at 18:06, Smiley Culture said:

Asoro wanted to leave Sunderland and £2m, if re-invested in the playing squad, should get them a replacement striker with enough ability to get 15-20 goals at that level. 

They’re linked with Charlie Wyke from Bradford City, who are a basket case of a club. 

Well they have been linked Mohamed Eisa. He looks like he would be a good replacement and is the exact type of player they should be looking to sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well they have been linked Mohamed Eisa. He looks like he would be a good replacement and is the exact type of player they should be looking to sign.

Cheltenham want £1.5m. They’ve rejected a £1m bid from Peterborough apparently. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Cheltenham want £1.5m. They’ve rejected a £1m bid from Peterborough apparently. 

 

I guess with Peterborough's success rate with Strikers his value doubled as soon as they were interested xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement