talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serie A 2016/17 Matchday Chat

U22 Team of the Season from Outside the Boot

https://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/05/22/serie-a-young-players-team-season-2016-17/

1b941ad7a84364143877b5b8ffd722f9.png

I personally disagree with a lot of the options.

Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Keita absolutely deserve their spots. Not seen enough of Samir or Pellegrini to judge.

Kessie and Paredes are both very good but neither are as good as Piotr Zielinski in my opinion. Zielinski is the most underrated central midfielder in the league. He hasn't started every game but when he does, Napoli play superbly and its due to the energy and dynamics he offers to the team. Even the times he's come off the bench, he's changed a few games for Napoli. A perfect example of a box to box midfielder with great technique and vision. For me, one of the 5 best central midfielders in Serie A. Laughable that he's not been included. Diawara was also a shout but while he has been good, I can understand leaving him out.

Simeone also has nothing to do there. He started the season superbly but as Genoa fell, he wasn't able to create as much of an impact as they would have like. I think Schick was the better choice. He looks superb. Petagna can be debated but I liked the look of him. Underrated forward who has been out of the spotlight due to Papu Gomez being superb.

Chiesa deserves his spot too but again, he can be debated. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived