talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

R.I.P. Pim Verbeek and Hans-Jörg Criens

football forum

As the year is nearly at an end, I thought it was important to show my respect to 2 footballing personalities who died recently.

I have only recently found out that Pim Verbeek and Hans-Jörg Criens have passed away.

Dutchman Pim Verbeek was a well known football manager. He managed Feyenoord as well as several other clubs, but he made his name more as a national team manager. He managed national teams such as South Korea, Oman and Australia, who he managed at the 2010 World Cup.

Sadly Verbeek passed away a month ago on the 28th of November 2019 at the age of 63, after a four year battle with cancer.

Hans-Jorg Criens was a German footballer who made a name for himself at Borussia Monchengladbach in the 1980's and the early 1990's. He was a dynamic striker who scored 92 Bundesliga goals for Monchengladbach between 1980 and 1993, which made him a key player of the Gladbach sides of that period. He also went on to play a couple of seasons at FC Nurnberg after leaving Gladbach.

Unfortunately Criens passed away after a heart attack a few days ago on Boxing Day, the 26th of December 2019. Criens was only 59 at the time of his death.

R.I.P. to both Pim Verbeek and Hans-Jorg Criens, they will both be missed. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived