talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luis Advincula to Norwich/Sheffield?

football forum

Since Rayo Vallecano have gone down, Advincula is being scouted by Premier League clubs.

Don't know if I'd rather he go back to the Americas and play for a big team or play in the Premier League to be honest. It feels like Norwich or Sheffield could be a deja vu of what happened to Rayo this season.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Since Rayo Vallecano have gone down, Advincula is being scouted by Premier League clubs.

Don't know if I'd rather he go back to the Americas and play for a big team or play in the Premier League to be honest. It feels like Norwich or Sheffield could be a deja vu of what happened to Rayo this season.

I reckon one of them will stay up, preferably Sheffield United. 

Just now, Stan said:

I reckon one of them will stay up, preferably Sheffield United. 

I hope so if these rumours are true. I hope he's resilient enough to play in a country where he doesn't speak the language though.

The last time we had a Peruvian in the Prem it was Carrillo, and he was awful. However, that's because he is a lazy winger who only plays when he wants to. Doesn't have much passion at club level. Advincula is a lot more hard working. Much more consistent but that's not to say he's perfect either. He has struggled to maintain his level at both Tigres and Rayo (although to be fair, the situation at Tigres was just Tuca being an utter tit). At Rayo he became a lot more rash near the end, and a red card convinced Paco Jemez to not play him anymore. It was a very careless red card, but I still think they were a bit harsh on him.

He's had great starts at both clubs, it's really all about "can he keep this up for 38 games".

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I hope so if these rumours are true. I hope he's resilient enough to play in a country where he doesn't speak the language though.

He could always do some learning of the language, you know, before he makes the move. Or even after he makes the move, if he does! 

If he moves to UK and ends up failing after a year or two, I don't think it'd be because he didn't know how to speak English. Given it's the kind of thing he can influence or change about himself, it'd be foolish on his part to use that as an excuse should it happen... 

Just now, Stan said:

He could always do some learning of the language, you know, before he makes the move. Or even after he makes the move, if he does! 

If he moves to UK and ends up failing after a year or two, I don't think it'd be because he didn't know how to speak English. Given it's the kind of thing he can influence or change about himself, it'd be foolish on his part to use that as an excuse should it happen... 

You're right, but I will pinpoint it in some ways because he's been decent at all his clubs except for those where he didn't know how to speak the language. Turkey is the biggest example.

Lucho has his faults as he was exposed in some ways near the end of the season with Rayo, but like I said it's all about maintaining the standard. He's always great when he first joins his club and then he drops his level. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar patterns in the PL.

• The topic was locked

Archived