talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Academy

football forum

• Subscriber

Oh great, more segregation. Like W series, this makes absolutely no sense to me - so if it's basically a F4 exclusively for women, wouldn't it be better to identify the most promising girl talents starting with grassroots karting, and sponsor them to allow them to compete properly with the boys from the get go? 

Oh and the first announced driver is already 25, and has been rejected by W series previously. Very promising.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

The name rings a bell from VLN.

Yea, I did some reading about her career. Promising Formula 4 talent once who drove for Ralf Schumacher's team and had a few Top 10 results even. Last year she drove VLN and Porsche Endurance Cup. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yea, I did some reading about her career. Promising Formula 4 talent once who drove for Ralf Schumacher's team and had a few Top 10 results even. Last year she drove VLN and Porsche Endurance Cup. 

Nothing against her and any other driver taking part, but it just shows how ludicrous the whole concept is if they are signing drivers in their mid-20s with no chance of ever making it to F1. Don't really get the point of that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Nothing against her and any other driver taking part, but it just shows how ludicrous the whole concept is if they are signing drivers in their mid-20s with no chance of ever making it to F1. Don't really get the point of that.

Yea, supporting young talented girls in karting and make sure they have the funds to keep competing in higher categories would be much better. Like Carrie for instance. She was a promising talent in F4. And I'm not sure why she didn't continue in Formula Sport, but if I had to guess I'd say funding had something to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...