Valencia vs Sevilla, 20.00

Monday 17th April, 2023
Celta Vigo vs Mallorca, 20.00

Capture.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

@Coma chances against Sevilla? Win and it closes the gap, draw isn't the worst outcome. Four teams above are 'likely' to lose as well as Espanyol as they all play top 6 teams, so it's a good chance to try and make some ground.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Coma chances against Sevilla? Win and it closes the gap, draw isn't the worst outcome. Four teams above are 'likely' to lose as well as Espanyol as they all play top 6 teams, so it's a good chance to try and make some ground.

Home form has been better than away form, so there's that.  The concern I have is that we've been impotent in front of goal.  If we go down a goal early they'll all just start flopping in the box looking for a penalty instead of trying to break the opposition down.  Go down by 2 goals and it's over... see Almeria match.  A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I'm sort of resigned to going down at this point.  This team has the look of 2004 Leeds... a whole host of talent but they just can't/won't wake up.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Home form has been better than away form, so there's that.  The concern I have is that we've been impotent in front of goal.  If we go down a goal early they'll all just start flopping in the box looking for a penalty instead of trying to break the opposition down.  Go down by 2 goals and it's over... see Almeria match.  A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I'm sort of resigned to going down at this point.  This team has the look of 2004 Leeds... a whole host of talent but they just can't/won't wake up.

Fair. Would be so weird to see Valencia in La Liga 2. Just wouldn't feel right but the issues off the pitch have filtered their way onto it.

Just hoping for a miracle at this rate. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Fair. Would be so weird to see Valencia in La Liga 2. Just wouldn't feel right but the issues off the pitch have filtered their way onto it.

Just hoping for a miracle at this rate. 

I don't think it will be all bad.  I doubt Lim will be able to keep hold of the team in the second division.  

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Valencia lose 2-0 :(

No goal threat at all.  Service into the box was non-existent.  There's a whole lot of huffing and puffing on this team with no real end product.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived