talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Artem Dovbyk Moves to Girona

Ukrainian international forward Artem Dovbyk is wanted by Spanish La Liga club Girona FC. Dovbyk has been the leading scorer in the Ukrainian League for the past 2 seasons, while playing for Dnipro-1. Dovbyk has scored 45 league goals for Dnipro-1 in 69 appearances since he joined them in 2020. Moreover, he has scored 6 goals in 17 appearances for the Ukrainian national team. Now it seems like Girona FC are going to buy him, where Dovbyk will join fellow Ukrainian international team mate Viktor Tsyhankov at the club. The winger Tsyhankov was Girona's standout player last season and the Spanish club will hope that Dovbyk has just as much of an impact in La Liga, if they manage to sign him. I personally think that this will be an excellent move for Dovbyk, if it goes through, as joining a decent team in one of the best leagues in the world, can only improve his game further.

Girona close to completing deal to sign international forward who scored 32 goals in 2022-23 - Football España (football-espana.net)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was made official, Girona buy Dovbyk from Dnipro-1. Girona have broken their transfer record to buy Dovbyk and the Ukrainian forward will join fellow Ukrainian Tsyhankov at the club. I think that this is an excellent signing for Girona and I believe that they will improve as a team because of the signing of Dovbyk.

Girona complete club-record signing of Ukrainian international striker - Football España (football-espana.net)

Edited by Michael

On 06/08/2023 at 08:41, OrangeKhrush said:

it's a decent low risk move for a smaller club

Well, they are certainly an improving club. Last season Girona finished 10th in the La Liga table, where they have never finished higher in the La Liga table, in their history. While the season before that, they got promoted to the La Liga. This season, having looked at the players they now have in their team, I'd expect them to break their record and finish even higher in the league table than 10th. Tsyhankov was a sensation for them last season and I expect Dovbyk to also deliver for them this season. I expect plenty of goals and assists from both of them. Dovbyk is a quality forward.

Here is a clip of Dovbyk's last goal for Dnipro-1 against top Greek side Panathinaikos in a Champions League qualifier, played last week. It's an excellent solo goal by Dovbyk:

• The title was changed to Artem Dovbyk Moves to Girona