Stefano Sensi - Inter to Leicester

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

A little torn but think I'm for it. First of all I was amazed at how old he was. I had it in my head he was about 23 so I've clearly stuck him in some sort of time freeze from the day he joined Inter. He joined them very highly regarded but it hasn't really worked out.

I think in terms of style he appears to be a good fit in that he's very comfortable on the ball, he's another technically proficient player that you would like to think, like Winks, would thrive where he's struggled before. He's also out of contract in the summer and isn't on that mammoth a wage, so it isn't actually that expensive a deal for us - somebody saying £2.5mil and current wage of £35k a week. That's very reasonable really. It's another link that makes a mockery of the league we're in as well to be honest.

The big catch is the injuries. We've had terrible injury issues in the last few years and his record slots right in here for all the wrong reasons. Now in fairness, we've gotten a proper run out of Ricardo Pereira again for what feels like the first time in about four years, so maybe we are learning to manage it better. I think however we may come a cropper with these things in the Premier League. It is easier to manage injuries when you're this dominant in that you can rotate more effectively and we're not chasing after teams because we have 70% of the ball every game.

I'm for it though. He could easily be another Winks - a technically savvy, quality midfielder who needed the right environment, and it's not actually that expensive a deal either so it's not really that big a risk.