talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany 1990 World Cup Winners - Where Are They Now?

After the sad recent deaths of Franz Beckenbauer and Andreas Brehme, the following article examines what the other key players of West Germany's 1990 World Cup winning squad are doing today. Andreas Brehme I believe is the very first player of that great West German team to have passed away, while Franz Beckenbauer was of course the manager of that successful team. 

A playboy captain who married - and divorced - FIVE times, a Masked Singer contestant and a Covid conspiracy theorist: After Andreas Brehme died aged 63, where are Germany's World Cup heroes of 1990 now? | Daily Mail Online

Lothar Matthaus has certainly been busy with women over the last 30 years since he won the World Cup. He has been married 5 times and his last wife Anastasia Klimko was apparently 27 years younger than him. They divorced in 2021, having gotten married in 2014. No doubt that Matthaus, who is now like 63, will still be looking for more relationships with much younger women.:ph34r:

• The title was changed to Germany 1990 World Cup Winners - Where Are They Now?
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lothar is also a pundit for German SKY. And I don't mind him as that actually. At least you know beforehand that he's dumb as a brick. 

I've also read and seen that he has a bit of a temper on him and that he is a little bit arrogant as well. Which is a shame, given how many people admired how good he was as a footballer and he was indeed an excellent footballer, one of the best ever.

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Lothar is also a pundit for German SKY. And I don't mind him as that actually. At least you know beforehand that he's dumb as a brick. 

He can't be as dumb as some of the pundits we have here in English football, not naming and names cough cough Paul cough Merson.:ph34r: