talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Estevao Joining Chelsea Next Summer

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

'The Next Endrick' which feels a little bizarre to say given Endrick's age.

Also, Estevão and Endrick are completely different players.

Estevão is more of a classic winger, while Endrick is a striker.

IMO Estevão is more talented and more technically gifted than Endrick. On the other hand, Endrick seems to be more mature, hence the jump to Europe might be less problematic to him.  

I would say that Estevão is the closest to a generational prospect since Neymar.

I wouldn´t go as far to say Estevão is generational, not yet. But the way he is developing is just incredible. At age 17, he is already the best player in a very strong Palmeiras side. 

Rodrygo and Vinícius Jr. as a good as they were when they started, weren´t that good.

So one can say for sure, at least for now that Estevão has a very high ceiling. 

I am not sure what Chelsea will do with all the young forward talent they have, Kendry Paez also looks great by the way.

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Also, Estevão and Endrick are completely different players.

Estevão is more of a classic winger, while Endrick is a striker.

IMO Estevão is more talented and more technically gifted than Endrick. On the other hand, Endrick seems to be more mature, hence the jump to Europe might be less problematic to him.  

I would say that Estevão is the closest to a generational prospect since Neymar.

I wouldn´t go as far to say Estevão is generational, not yet. But the way he is developing is just incredible. At age 17, he is already the best player in a very strong Palmeiras side. 

Rodrygo and Vinícius Jr. as a good as they were when they started, weren´t that good.

So one can say for sure, at least for now that Estevão has a very high ceiling. 

I am not sure what Chelsea will do with all the young forward talent they have, Kendry Paez also looks great by the way.

I think the comparison has come more in our media outlets because they're both attacking players from Palmeiras as opposed to them being carbon copy's of each other.

From the little I've seen of Kendry Paez in Copa America he does look great.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Did he sign a seven year deal?  I thought they were limiting deals to 5 years to stop Chelsea fudging the numbers on the PSR  and FPL

I think you can only amortise the contact over five years but you can offer lengths for as long as you want.

• 2 weeks later...