talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Movies and TV Ratings

football forums

• Subscriber

I was on reddit today and what was being discussed was IMDB's Top 10 Shows of 2024 thus far (pic below)

r/OnePiece - Top 10 Highest Rated TV shows of 2024 (According to IMDb)

But that's not the intent of this thread. What was interesting was a comment I read where it said something on the lines of, "High Viewership with a low rating is probably a more skewed perspective vs low viewership with a higher rating which may indicate actual quality". Which then got me thinking that it might be wrong. Nothing is universally accepted anymore considering how its nice to be all edgy without ever watching a show and simply going by internet commentary. Sometimes folks don't even watch it and read the plot summary to make judgement calls on the acting in the work being presented. Weird but it's the reality we live in. What are your takes on this? 

• Subscriber
On 20/07/2024 at 03:28, Gunnersaurus said:

@Mel81x. Hold on people don't watch a show they read a plot summary then say its shit?

I think most folks dont have the time anymore personally. They see a social media trend and are more interested in bashing it based on seeing a few faces and put together a narrative that just sells because of SM vs the reality on the ground.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think most folks dont have the time anymore personally. They see a social media trend and are more interested in bashing it based on seeing a few faces and put together a narrative that just sells because of SM vs the reality on the ground.

Seems pretty sad to me.  I remember reading this post on YouTube about a wrestling show earlier in the year. It was clear the person hadn't watched it but still said it was bad. It just seems some people like to be haters 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Seems pretty sad to me.  I remember reading this post on YouTube about a wrestling show earlier in the year. It was clear the person hadn't watched it but still said it was bad. It just seems some people like to be haters 

Its a common theme these days. Most of the stuff spoken about by content creators tends to be second hand knowledge that needs to be capitalized on while its hot vs actual research (of which there are a few, we cant club them all into the same realm of work).