• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eddie Nketiah - Deal Agreed with Crystal Palace

• The title was changed to Eddie Nketiah - Deal Agreed with Crystal Palace
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get why he wants to join us. With Kane's form seemingly dipping since April and hardly being a spring chicken there is an opening for an English striker to really make a statement over the next two seasons for the England squad. He probably looks at the way we've developed players as the ideal catapult for him.

As for the team, well two wing backs, two center backs and two attacking midfielders are far more urgent position that need filling. I dont know if competition would benefit Mateta either who seems to thrive on confidence. It's one of those moves that feels like we will say in three or four years was a good buy but the start will have a "whats the point" vibe about it. As we've seen with Dean Henderson.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dave said:

I get why he wants to join us. With Kane's form seemingly dipping since April and hardly being a spring chicken there is an opening for an English striker to really make a statement over the next two seasons for the England squad. He probably looks at the way we've developed players as the ideal catapult for him.

As for the team, well two wing backs, two center backs and two attacking midfielders are far more urgent position that need filling. I dont know if competition would benefit Mateta either who seems to thrive on confidence. It's one of those moves that feels like we will say in three or four years was a good buy but the start will have a "whats the point" vibe about it. As we've seen with Dean Henderson.

I hope for England's sake that there is not a reliance on Nketiah to be the main man for England.

Watkins and Toney have that sewn up should Kane be absent. 

Looking forward to seeing how he does in a system that allows a striker to be a striker. Think he'll surprise a few people.

For us it'll, it currently leaves us with only Havertz as an option as Jesus is injured again for the moment and regularly gets injured. Trossard can play there as well but we're short in that area.

Nketiah, Lacroix, Turner and Chalobah.

It's better than I expected. I still feel we're light in depth with wing backs and number 10's but it sounds like the club did try to address this and couldn't get deals over the line.