talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Roy Keane Problem

Jesus Christ Martin, just get rid.

Martin O'Neill has denied a problem exists between his assistant Roy Keane and some of the Republic of Ireland players after new revelations about his altercations with Harry Arter and Jonathan Walters.

An audio clip purporting to be Ireland's Stephen Ward discussing details of the confrontations, which happened in May, surfaced online just hours before O'Neill's Monday press conference ahead of Tuesday night's friendly against Poland in Wroclaw, live on Sky Sports Mix from 7.40pm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually always defend Roy Keane but my problem with this incident isn't so much that he has had altercations with his players but the nature of the argument. He allegedly questioned players injuries and accused them of faking it. This is exactly what he criticised Mick McCarthy for in the run up to the Saipan incident and, as much as I love Keano, that is just rank hypocrisy

"And I think Roy does as well" basically means he doesn't.

Harry Arter has been named in the Republic of Ireland squad for this month’s UEFA Nations League games against Denmark and Wales.

The Cardiff City midfielder returns after missing last month's games against Wales and Poland following a row with Ireland assistant manager Roy Keane.

"Roy and him have had a conversation," said Ireland boss Martin O'Neill.

"Harry is pretty happy, he wants to be in the squad, he wants to play and put it behind him. And I think Roy does as well."

Archived