talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge Demanding More Player Protection

Corentin Tolisso's and Rafinha's injuries suffered at the weekend have led to Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge demanding more player protection.

French World Cup winner Tolisso tore the cruciate ligament in his right knee following a tackle in their 3-1 home win against Bayer Leverkusen and is expected to be out for a few months.

Rafinha is also set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines with damaged ankle ligaments after a stamp on his heel in the same game.

"It can't go on like this or by matchday 10 (in the Bundesliga), we won't be able to put out 11 players," said Rummenigge.

"We don't like the way teams are playing against us and that has to be sorted out somehow.

"In this regard, we must ask the DFB (German FA), and referees, in particular, to protect our players."

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah hes crying wolf. Coman's injury was unlucky and got tangled up, Tolisso's injury was unfortunate but theres nothing there. Bellarabi was suspended 4 matches and red carded, it was brutal and taken care of accordingly and swiftly. I sort of get the sentiment as I think in particular Hoffenheim and Stuttgart played us pretty hard but I dont know what he hopes to gain by pleading in the media. 

Archived