Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

... By basically becoming a senior outfit's colt team. Fort have been abysmal for years now, no idea what has sparked the sudden surge in interest.

16 minutes ago, tlr said:

... By basically becoming a senior outfit's colt team. Fort have been abysmal for years now, no idea what has sparked the sudden surge in interest.

I've got a soft spot for Wick Academy, I hope they can finish higher this season than last season but the Highland League is tough travelling away for poor old Fort William.

889718511_download(2).png.f38fcff618271648cd2837e9019bf8a1.png

111563156_download(1).thumb.png.ec0ca5276d5cfefb359b04436bdd51b3.png 

29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I've got a soft spot for Wick Academy, I hope they can finish higher this season than last season but the Highland League is tough travelling away for poor old Fort William.

889718511_download(2).png.f38fcff618271648cd2837e9019bf8a1.png

111563156_download(1).thumb.png.ec0ca5276d5cfefb359b04436bdd51b3.png 

... and Wick and Brora, remember when the latter made the play off final (v. Cowdenbeath I think?) a couple of years back and there was more than a slight worry going up would be the end of them as the closest away day would have been Montrose. Do have a fair bit of respect though for a lot of Highland League outfits, scraping by with a very small pool of players and nowhere to poach them from, thousands of miles a year in away trips, a dismal climate to have a August-April league in and to top it all off a region which isn't natural football territory. Have only managed to do matches at Inverurie and Clachnacuddin but loved both. Now, if only you could drink at Scottish grounds...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tlr said:

Do have a fair bit of respect though for a lot of Highland League outfits, scraping by with a very small pool of players and nowhere to poach them from, thousands of miles a year in away trips,

Aye, I think I mentioned here before on another thread but I travelled to Wick by coach when I was offered work up there for two weeks doing security work and it took around 11 hours  to get there but the scenery was gobsmacking, up mountain roads and you could look out the coach window and see the highlands in all its beauty.

When I arrived at the hotel and that night I sat in the bar and was talking to the landlord over a pint and he talked about the Highland League and Wick in general, he said that he goes to the home matches at Harmsworth Park regularly but going to away matches is non-exsitant for him because of the travelling time, he said he managed to travel to Brora Rangers a couple of times but not any other teams.

Like you say you have to have respect for the Highland League teams and the cost for the clubs must be hard and even paying wages to the players but then you have to give the players respect for accepting it without a whimper when you hear of the wages like Pogba gets and he wants away again it does my head in.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, tlr said:

By basically becoming a senior outfit's colt team. Fort have been abysmal for years now, no idea what has sparked the sudden surge in interest.

I see they came back to earth with an almighty bang, they lost at home to Inverurie Loco Works 1-4 O.o

download.thumb.png.4cb3d2c4588e04d44db6b725aa001a8e.png

12 minutes ago, MrDevyJaxx said:

Old friend of mine played for Brora Rangers ! after he left Elgin City ! 

Welcome to TF365 @MrDevyJaxx, nice to have another Scots man aboard and especially a Gers man like me up here in Jock land, keep posting buddy :ay:

Saturday 10 Aug 2019
Breedon Highland Football League
Deveronvale FC
 4  v  0  
Huntly FC
Forres Mechanics FC
 1  v  3  
Brora Rangers FC
Fraserburgh FC
 6  v  0  
Clachnacuddin FC
Keith FC