talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City - With a twist

football forum

• Subscriber

Here we are again. It's my latest FM save. It's yet another where I've started another save, done some updates and then just left it, so first, Lyon...

After a painful bottlejob in my third year at Lyon, my fourth year delivered possibly the best season I've ever had as we won the treble - the league, the Champions League and the French Cup. There was no way I could play on after that, it just wasn't ever going to beat that.

So here I am again, I've decided it's time for another crack with Leicester. The new season buzz is with me and I feel like it's time to have another go of my own, but I'm a little fed up of starting a save with a dated squad, my own fault because I don't like FM19, but this time I've decided for a bit more realism that I would sim the game by three years and play it from there, and in doing so create a new file that I can start any save from. It's not perfect but it's a bit more realistic.

---------------------

EVERYTHING WILL BE IN THE ORDER OF 2016/17, 2017/18 AND 2018/19.

Premier League

432926733_PLTable-2016-17.thumb.PNG.eea52a309ea539609d217f62f4477454.PNG

I am truly convinced there is something written into Everton's algebra on the game that turns them into total shit every single first year. The frequency they get relegated with a side predicted to be comfortably in the top half is astounding. On the flip side, Arsenal seem to be unplayable for a couple of seasons so it's no surprise that once again they've walked the league here. Stoke the over-achievers which seems quite a distant memory given their pathetic situation in real life. West Ham survive with a pretty horredous points total.

2073864545_PLTable-2017-18.thumb.PNG.15625362320dc45487f601b1ebcd0450.PNG

Arsenal retain their Premier League title although by the skin of their teeth - incidentally matching Leicester's exact 2015/16 record for wins, draws and losses. Ultimately it turns out Man Utd blew it with two games to spare, drawing at home to Tottenham of all teams. All three newly promoted sides are batted straight back down as Everton and Huddersfield bounce back up, dragging Leeds with them instead of Swansea. Derby set the second lowest points total in Premier League history - worsened by only themselves in 2007/08, as well as breaking the record for the most defeats in a Premier League season - only managing 29 in the 11 point season. What a stain on the league. The real pride of the East Midlands were back in Europe too.

1215247097_PLTable-2018-19.thumb.PNG.8f3dbd80c54f5731fbbdc721e73a83da.PNG

Arsenal's reign as PL winners came to an end with a spectacularly poor season which saw them beaten 12 times and Manchester United picked up their first title post Sir Alex. Stoke are back in to Europe as the Europa League seems to take its toll on Leicester - who sack Craig Shakespeare late into the season with the team really struggling. Lucien Favre comes in for a very short stint and steers the ship to safety before being replaced by yours truly. Leeds' return to the Premier League lasted a whole 12 months while Huddersfield have become the new West Brom n the sense they're a yoyo side, and it's West Brom themselves who join them.

Wolves, Derby and Hull City have been promoted for the 2019/20 season meaning that 17 of the 20 teams are actual real life Premier League sides, with Wolves, Stoke and Hull being in place for Norwich, Aston Villa and Sheffield United, and annoyingly Hull actually beat Norwich on penalties in the play-off final.

Managers and players

Below is a list of the managers of each Premier League club going into the 2019/20 season;

Arsenal - Arsene Wenger
Bournemouth - Nuno Espirito Santo
Brighton - Chris Hughton
Burnley - Michael Laudrup
Chelsea - Antonio Conte
Crystal Palace - Fernando Hierro
Derby County - Roberto di Matteo
Everton - David Moyes (He's gone back xD)
Hull City - Leonid Slutskiy
Leicester City - Me
Liverpool - Jurgen Klopp
Manchester City - Pep Guardiola
Manchester United - Jose Mourinho
Newcastle United - Claude Makelele
Southampton - Roberto Mancini
Stoke City - Mark Hughes
Tottenham - Joachim Low
Watford - Claudio Ranieri
West Ham - Walter Mazzarri
Wolves - Stefano Colantuono

This amazingly makes me the only English manager in the league. The funniest scenario is so far that Mauricio Pochettino actually took West Brom down xD

Below is a list of notable transfers;

Manchester United have signed Griezmann, van Dijk, Cutrone, Andone, Dybala, Kovacic and Vrsaljko.

Manchester City have signed William Carvalho, Casemiro, Berardi, Carrasco, Sandro Ramirez, Jordi Alba and Julian Brandt

Chelsea have signed Rashford (£100mil!!!!), Rugani, Bernat, Fornals, Iheanacho xD, Skriniar and Joao Mario

Arsenal have signed Icardi, Vallejo, Mahrez, Sessegnon and Sturaro (Baffles me they've won the league twice)

Liverpool have signed Jonny, Escudero, Mascherano xD, Ruben Pardo and Melegeno (Proper underwhelming business)

Tottenham have signed Asensio, Juanpi, Iago Aspas and Theo Bongonda

Others of note include Stoke signing Ante Coric (that is an outrageously good signing, he was key for my Lyon side), Bournemouth signing Meunier and Benjamin Mendy, Burnley signing Winks, Crystal Palace signing Ravel Morrison, Tello and Coentrao, Everton signing Thomas Delaney, Guidetti and Lucas Hernandez, Newcastle signing Azmoun, Bakayoko and Claudio Pizarro xD Southampton signing Deeney, van Beek and Kuki and Leicester's business is coming up in part two...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 15/08/2019 at 02:27, Dan said:

I am truly convinced there is something written into Everton's algebra on the game that turns them into total shit every single first year. The frequency they get relegated with a side predicted to be comfortably in the top half is astounding

FM's creators are Watford fans. Maybe they hate Everton because of the whole Silva thing xD 

Archived