talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ad Astra

football forum

On 27/12/2019 at 03:06, nudge said:

Just watched it. Didn't like it :( 

The visuals were great, so was the world building and I liked the topics it tried to explore but other than that, I thought the movie just felt short everywhere else. 

Bet it was something to do with the message, even though it was a nice message. A lot of people felt that it was weak or the way it was told wasn't impactful. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 28/12/2019 at 13:25, IgnisExcubitor said:

Bet it was something to do with the message, even though it was a nice message. A lot of people felt that it was weak or the way it was told wasn't impactful. 

Nah I wouldn't say it's the message. It's just that for me, the movie failed to establish any sort of emotional connection - I didn't really care about any of the characters and what happens to them and felt their backstories as well as character development were extremely lacking. I thought the plot itself was poor as well, it lacked coherence and mostly didn't make much sense (often due to bad science that's hard to ignore). Disappointing as I thought the first half of the movie was quite good and promising but then it fell short of all expectations. Very anticlimactic. 

Archived