talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 0-0 Arsenal - Sunday 2nd February, 2020

football forums

15 hours ago, Dan said:

Lacazette is proper average isn't he. Very over-rated by neutrals I think. Aubameyang is very good (although not without flaws himself) but Lacazette is just... meh, OK but there's so much better.

When you consider the only other club to put a serious bid in for him before we brought him was West Ham, that just goes to show the warning signs were there. Him being at Lyon so long and him never getting selected for France also proved he was nowhere near as good as he was made out to be. 

So many Arsenal fans love him though, they think he is bloody perfect and it's only been recently were the majority are starting to realise he is average at best. It just goes to show the intelligence of some Arsenal fans as he was voted our player of the year last season when there was at least 3 better candidates. Hopefully it's the last season we get to see him stink out the place, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a mega contract renewal in the summer as Aubameyang will most probably leave. I'm honestly have no faith the board will do the right thing and we will have an Ozil 2.0 situation. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

When you consider the only other club to put a serious bid in for him before we brought him was West Ham, that just goes to show the warning signs were there. Him being at Lyon so long and him never getting selected for France also proved he was nowhere near as good as he was made out to be. 

So many Arsenal fans love him though, they think he is bloody perfect and it's only been recently were the majority are starting to realise he is average at best. It just goes to show the intelligence of some Arsenal fans as he was voted our player of the year last season when there was at least 3 better candidates. Hopefully it's the last season we get to see him stink out the place, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a mega contract renewal in the summer as Aubameyang will most probably leave. I'm honestly have no faith the board will do the right thing and we will have an Ozil 2.0 situation. 

I thought he'd be a lot better than he has been but he just strikes me as a really ordinary player. I can't really single out any major weaknesses, not rubbish, but just not that good either and not somebody who is going to carry you anywhere anytime soon. There was a bit of a misconception about your attack this year I think and I was guilty - even Aubameyang who is clearly very good has plenty of off days himself.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived