Draws - 18
Burnley - 34

Reverse Fixture
Burnley 3-0 West Ham

• The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to West Ham 0-1 (Rodriguez, 38") Burnley - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • Administrator

How this wasn't given as a red is beyond me.

Worse than Nketiah's last night as it seems more malicious, this one.

No need for Tarkowski to go in like that with the ball barely bouncing off the ground. Surprised it wasn't overturned. 

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-1 Burnley - Wednesday 8th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Hilarious and goes to show the state of the officials. How the fuck was that not a red if Nketiah's was? Honestly you could make a serious case there is agenda against Arsenal, especially with that cunt Riley in charge at the top. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

How this wasn't given as a red is beyond me.

Worse than Nketiah's last night as it seems more malicious, this one.

No need for Tarkowski to go in like that with the ball barely bouncing off the ground. Surprised it wasn't overturned. 

I really think you and a lot of people  overthink it. Sometimes silly mistakes happen and people cant understand how but it happens all the time in life.

20 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I really think you and a lot of people  overthink it. Sometimes silly mistakes happen and people cant understand how but it happens all the time in life.

Mistakes happen, but VAR was meant to improve consistency. If Nketiah's was a red (and I think it was)... that's a pretty blatant red. I could accept the inconsistencies in refereeing pre-VAR, but I think it's harder to stomach now.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Silly mistakes? Think incidents like above go beyond just a 'silly mistake' Why did VAR not correct it if it was that? 

It's very simplistic to say that 'it just happens all the time in life'. That's all well and good but not when there are things in place in a game to prevent those mistakes from happening. Even if it is a silly mistake how many times does it have to happen before something is done about it :what:

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Silly mistakes? Think incidents like above go beyond just a 'silly mistake' Why did VAR not correct it if it was that? 

It's very simplistic to say that 'it just happens all the time in life'. That's all well and good but not when there are things in place in a game to prevent those mistakes from happening. Even if it is a silly mistake how many times does it have to happen before something is done about it :what:

Mate these are professional  referees. You guys make out like they are some numpty they found at the pub. There mistakes happen all over the world. I cant explain how they happen  but there will he good reasons. I'm pretty certain if I was to look at you you would make mistakes in your job and I wouldn't understand how you could.  It happens all the time in everything 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mistakes happen, but VAR was meant to improve consistency. If Nketiah's was a red (and I think it was)... that's a pretty blatant red. I could accept the inconsistencies in refereeing pre-VAR, but I think it's harder to stomach now.

It has improved it mate 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mate these are professional  referees. You guys make out like they are some numpty they found at the pub. There mistakes happen all over the world. I cant explain how they happen  but there will he good reasons. I'm pretty certain if I was to look at you you would make mistakes in your job and I wouldn't understand how you could.  It happens all the time in everything 

Yeah that's fine but I don't have VAR behind me. Every profession is different anyway so it's a weak argument/comparison in my eyes. 

You say there will be good reasons but sadly we rarely hear of them from PGMOL. 

I know you love to defend referees but that doesn't mean they are without criticism. Passing it off as 'silly mistake' downplays it and does not make them exempt from being discussed by football fans. They should be held accountable for the amount of authority they have on the pitch. The fact you don't seem to want to improve the decision making and are just happy to pass it off as a 'silly mistake' is worrying. 

Archived