talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jannik Vestergaard - Leicester Sign Defender

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Saints fans are fine with Vestergaard leaving though. I think because he scored a couple goals and got a few fantasy points his stock is a little higher amongst neutrals than what it should be.

Last season, they bought Salisu who didn't feature till near the end of the season and was very impressive, they have every confidence he will slot in fine next to Bednarek.

Bertrand has been replaced by Romaine Perraud who was sought after by a few clubs after an impressive season in France, and Armstrong will fill the void from Ings.

So they have replaced who has left, it's just whether the newer players can prove themselves at this level.

They also have Romeu back who was a big loss for them when he got injured against us in February and Stuary Armstrong is a very underrated player, much like John McGinn was for a while.

What they haven't done however is add more creative talent to a side that needed it. That's what they need tbh. The likes of Redmond, Djnepro, Walcott are all sub par players.

And it doesn't help they swap the keepers about, I don't think either McCarthy or Forster are solid no.1's these days.

Nathan Tella is one to watch though.

I dunno, I mean, they'll know Vestergaard better than I do and I do have some reservations about his lack of speed, but we've been after him a while, I think we can compensate for his shortcomings a bit better than Southampton can, and his aerial presence / leadership do offer us something we lack a bit at the back, particularly without Evans. We've got enough right for me to think this'll be OK.

Not convinced Armstrong will fill the Ings void. Perraud's an interesting buy though. I feel like Bertrand coming here might be best for all parties. Had obviously gone a bit stale at Southampton.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived