talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 0-2 Arsenal - Saturday 30th October, 2021

football forums

7 hours ago, Stan said:

And now we make Arsenal look like peak 2011 Barcelona. 

Need some changes at HT. Gonna be a struggle getting through Arsenal who will be happy to sit back and defend and know they have the pace on the counter. We got back in to it slowly after 25 mins. Ramsdale having a fine game. 

Spurs made us look like the 70s Ajax side 🤣

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

I was at the game, fantastic first half we played, fantastic display from the keeper also his distribution is excellent compared to Leno.  I was a bit put out with our second half display but we held on for the clean sheet.   

What I have noticed from the first 3 games, we look far more attacking without Xhaka, Gabriel has made a huge difference coming back in the team with his leadership at the back.    Pepe I suspect will be sold soon judging by his performances, Arteta has lost that trust with him.

Overall very pleased from this result also very confident for Sunday at home to Watford but not going to get too carried away with Liverpool just around the corner.  

5 hours ago, Its only Ray Parlour said:

Overall very pleased from this result also very confident for Sunday at home to Watford but not going to get too carried away with Liverpool just around the corner.  

Doesn't Arteta have a decent record against Klopp? I know it's a small sample size, but he's shown he can set up a side to frustrate our attack and make chances.

And I think for maybe the first time in his tenure, there seems to be more of a sense of what's expected from the players on the pitch and there's a sense of fluidity and the football is starting to gel a bit at Arsenal.

Momentum is important in football and if you get a good result against Watford, I think you can feel pretty confident that you at least put in a good performance and there's probably a decent chance you can get a result against us.

Archived