talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rate your transfer window

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Tend to agree with a lot of it but feel we've clearly had some important cogs of the machine missing to make it work. I used to have full faith in Leicester to lose a key player but improve the team despite this - we sold Mahrez but in the same window signed Maddison, Ricardo, Evans and Soyuncu, so while we never got a direct Mahrez replacement (and have failed for about the 8th window in a row to properly address this) we got better throughout the team without spending a great deal to do it.

Tielemans is gone on a free in a year and Maddison hasn't got ages left himself. But the problem is we're not functioning well enough to take these hits. We had no head of recruitment all summer and have brought in Martyn Glover from Southampton, who I believe has now started (he better be bloody good). So we've not been getting value for what we have spent and we're not getting anywhere near the best out of the players we do actually have.

I cannot believe Rodgers wasn't sacked today. He's taking the piss of the club now. He's actively working against the club to get that payoff, saying whatever he can in the process to save his own reputation which the usual suspects in the gullible media swallow hook line and sinker.

You've got to remember as well our owners made their money on duty free. If one industry is likely to be hit in the last two years then it's probably that. I've heard rumours that there are plans to sell up and I'm starting to think maybe that's the obvious conclusion in this. We need to somehow attract a bit more investment. We've made some daft deals but it's also quite hard to fathom how the likes of West Ham and Aston Villa can spend what they have done and be perfectly OK. It all feels very Everton of a year ago for us. You wonder if others are going to follow suit.

Problem with us now is our players values have depreciated. Our most valuable players now are probably Maddison and Barnes. It's absolutely unreal how much the value has dipped in just three years. Really does sum up how badly wrong we've got this.

Harvey Barnes,  Drewsbury-Hall, James Justin, Lewis Brunt, Luke Thomas are some nice building blocks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I don’t like ours all that much. Lost Mane & some good attacking depth, got Nuñez. Not sure if that’s an upgrade. Signed Melo on loan but I’ve heard Juve fans call the option to buy “the most useless option to buy” because they think there’s no way he fits in with us… so that’s not encouraging.

Carvalho looks like he’s fitting in well though, so that’s good.

Archived