talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Proposed Rule Changes

Apologies if either of these have been raised previously but I have just signed up so have seen no earlier posts.

My first suggestion relates to VAR. Given that VAR is intended to correct clear and obvious errors and as the game survived for over a century without it, there is no reason for the VAR referees to consider video replays for more than 30 seconds. If no error can be detected in 30 seconds it cannot be “clear and obvious” thus the referee’s decision should stand.

Secondly, when a foul occurs and a player is injured and is attended by medical staff, that player is obliged to leave the pitch.

It seems to me that for at least 30 seconds the offending team gains a numerical advantage for the time that player, or his/her replacement is off the pitch.

The remedy for this is that the player responsible for the foul should be obliged to leave the pitch for the corresponding period.

I believe both of these suggestions to be reasonable and easy to introduce and hope others might agree.

• The title was changed to Proposed Rule Changes
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, I remember the double said:

Secondly, when a foul occurs and a player is injured and is attended by medical staff, that player is obliged to leave the pitch.

It seems to me that for at least 30 seconds the offending team gains a numerical advantage for the time that player, or his/her replacement is off the pitch.

The remedy for this is that the player responsible for the foul should be obliged to leave the pitch for the corresponding period.

What if a goalkeeper causes the foul?