talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Star Trek Discovery

football forum

Anyone catch the first two episodes on Netflix this week? I was quite impressed. Visually it looked stunning and certainly feels like a credible extension of the recent films.

A couple of gripes ... Michelle Yeoh’s character ... without spoiling it, look at the opening titles and decide for yourself how signposted it is. I found her fairly awful as well to be fair. The Klingons felt a little bit a la Halo fodder for my liking. But this may be an unnecessarily harsh.

Anyhow. Plenty of nods to the original series which I appreciated. Roll on episode 3

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spotted this thread, the only Star Trek series I have seen over and over again is these 3 in order

1. Star Trek - The Next Generation
  2. Deep Space Nine
  3. Voyager
  4. Star Trek - The original series with Captain Kirk, Spock etc

Started to watch the follow-up series like Discovery but it never really took a hold on me like the others I have mentioned above and my favourite characters (which I have mentioned many a time in this forum) are Jean-Luc Picard and Data, just spotted this tweet from NASA so I thought I would put it in here.

Edited by CaaC (John)