talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany 5-1 Scotland - Friday 14th June, 2024

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, if Scotland will finish on 3rd spot, which is the best they can hope for, since Switzerland are vastly superior judging them on yesterday, than it's goal difference for them to decide which 3rd team advance , when on the same points. So it's not that much of s small deal.

I didn't suggest that goal-difference counts for nothing, after I got the news about the new rules. I just think that it gives sides more incentive to go for goals, rather than park the bus, when they are in a situation in which Scotland were in yesterday against Germany for example. In any case, I don't see Scotland getting out of this group. I see both Switzerland and Hungary as better than them.

I know Switzerland are the favourites for today's game against Hungary, but the Hungarians shouldn't be overlooked. They have real danger players in Sallai, Szobolotzai and Andras Schafer can also be dangerous from midfield. Orban is a rock in defence, while Szalai and Kerkez are also very decent defensive players. In goal as well, Gulacsi back fit again. Hungary have a top keeper between the sticks once again, which could help them to achieve some positive results.

• The topic was unpinned