talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What does the World Cup mean to you?

On 25/3/2018 at 12:19, Spike said:

The Peru banter has dropped a notch.

It has never been funny to be fair. Just a bunch of people who read my comments wrongly xD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think it's superb and the greatest sporting competition on earth. While it's not necessarily the barometer for all success in a footballing career (for example, I don't hold it against Messi if Argentina don't win it) it's still the king of all tournaments for me. Even in a sport where the money side of the domestic game is starting to dominate, there's  still nothing like the World Cup. Where so many different countries, fans and styles of play are pitted against each other. It's fantastic. I try and watch every single game every time (and always fall at the third round of games hurdle).

England I've felt very disconnected from in a lot of ways, and even now I don't think us going out of the World Cup hurts me like it should, but they've still got my backing.

Buzzing for it to be honest. This international break, while a little dull has made it hit home how close the World Cup is. Only the World Cup could force me to book an afternoon off work to watch Russia play Saudi Arabia.

Archived